Re: [Q] Changing default name in a FORM

From: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 13:01:29 +0200 (MET DST)
To: mau@beatles.cselt.stet.it (Maurizio Codogno)
Cc: www-talk@w3.org
Maurizio Codogno:

>I have a script which selects a file and send it to the user. It
>is accessed via a form, with action POST.
>Unfortunately, the file is sent with the form's name as default name,
>and the user should rename it by hand.
>
>Does HTTP/1.0 have any header line which can be used to overcome it?

No.  There has been some limited discussion about a `suggested save-as
filename' header in the http-wg, but nobody ever cared enough about
having it to put forward a complete specification.

>And will Content-Base, as defined in HTTP/1.1, be useful?

I don't know.  There _may_ be browsers which use the Content-Base,
Location, or Content-Location headers when generating the `save as'
default filename.

>.mau.

Koen.