Re: Mirror Negotiation

From: Anselm Baird_Smith <abaird@www43.inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 10:33:51 +0100 (MET)
To: Chanda Dharap <chanda@mowgli.PRPA.Philips.COM>
Cc: Peter J Churchyard <pjc@tis.com>, www-talk@w3.org
Chanda Dharap writes:
 > >Isn't mirroring just a special case of caching?
 > Maybe in the implementation, but not in functionality.
 > Mirroring (replicating) is geared towards improved availability while
 > caching is geared towards improved performance.

You're probably right, however, I have a small hack in Jigsaw proxy,
that makes it act as a mirror, check

and its MirrorDirectory resource. It will act as the origin server,
reusing all the HTTP/1.1 caching proxy code.

Write a small robot that goes through this mirrror to access the whole
origin server content, now I guess you have a nice mirror :-)