Re: www-talk-d Digest V96 #26

From: Luke Gonze <applix!luke@uunet.uu.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 18:38:13 -0500 (EST)
To: applix!uunet!w3.org!www-talk@uunet.uu.net

Carlos:
>I can connect informix database with web server ?
>we are working development aplication in informix but we don't know
Khow to link informix database with web server ..

Hi Carlos -

It depends on your general approach.  The most basic way is to compile your
cgi scripts with embedded sql, assuming that you have C programmers who know
that environment.  There are also quite a few vendors of web/cgi<-->rdbms
tools and 4GLs.  I'd be surprized of none of them read this list and post
info on their products.

If you really need to link your informix code into the web server itself, you
can either customize a web server using the libwww toolkit or bind your own
code into the netscape server.  Writing via the libwww toolkit is a pretty
hairy experience - their code is very difficult to read.  The toolkit for
binding code into the netscape server is pretty good.

It's a pretty broad question, as you can see.

--- Luke Gonze --- luke@applix.com ---
--- Software Engineer, Applix Espresso project ---