Re: URL parsing and IPv6 addresses

From: Lee Daniel Crocker <lcrocker@calweb.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 12:02:11 -0700 (PDT)
To: kpyee@aw.sgi.com (Ka-Ping Yee)
Cc: www-talk@w3.org
> Okay, cool.  So that makes what, three of us now who like
> ","?  If we actually are in reasonable agreement on this,
> we should probably make this suggestion to the URI wg as
> soon as possible.
>
> Any more opinions?  Speak now or forever hold your peace...

Sorry, Ping, I have to come in on the "." side.  No extra character
to deal with, still unambiguous, and a certain aesthetic symmetry.
And "," is a shell-interpreted character in MSDOS (sorry, I know I
shouldn't mention that evil word here).

"msie http://0:4f53:b6a9:193d.80/" will run just fine on Win95.
"msie http://0:4f53:b6a9:193d,80/" will choke.