Re: It's the gnomes (Was: Re: URL Expansion proposal)

From: D. Vaught <vaught@oz.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 1996 16:06:52 -0800
To: www-talk@w3.org
I just think we should leave the URLs like they are.  There are so many possible suffixes and prefixes (country codes, com, net, edu, www, ftp, http:, https:, shttp:, etc.) that this asterick idea is useless and only adds to the complexity.  If the URLs really need to be simplified, a whole new locating system should be used and not just a mask over an existing one.

  Dustin Vaught ....a.k.a.... the "Web Devil"