Re: Agent-mediated access, kidcode critiques, and community standards

From: Jim Conklin <conklin@info.cren.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 10:43:39 -0500
To: hardie@merlot.arc.nasa.gov (Ted Hardie)
Cc: www-talk@www10.w3.org, uri@bunyip.com
 Ted's comment triggered a wonder as to whether it might be reasonable to
have this processing done by the server instead of the client, by having
the client send a selection criterion that the server would compare to the
selection info for the material requested before returning that material.
In order to handle those servers that don't implement such a scheme and
return the material regardless of the selction criterion, servers that
implement would have to return (in addition to the material requested) a
conformance indicator to let the client know that the material returned was
compliant with the selection criterion.

Jim