Re: Java vs Tcl/Tk [RESENT]

From: Gunnar Rønning <gunnarr@ifi.uio.no>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 15:53:43 +0200
To: www-talk@www10.w3.org
Cc: rupesh@mizar.crossnet.org
[Sorry if you have seen this before, but it seemed to never reach the list]
Rupesh Kapoor <rupesh@mizar.crossnet.org> said:

> Hi,
> 	I strongly feel that client side apps is the way web is gonna
> proceed, but am not sure on what it would ride. Could someone point me to
> a document with relative study of Java and Tcl/Tk, or any other similar
> technologies?

We are doing development on some similar technology. Our approach to
client-side interpreting should be usable with all existing browsers, as it
uses the 'mailcap'-scheme to start up our client. The client currently only
runs on X11 based architectures. If you want to know more about it or try
it out you can check http://www.oslonett.no/~candle/.

        Gunnar