Re: KidCode: Next steps

From: Terje Norderhaug <Norderhaug.CHI@xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 1995 15:41:20 -0800
To: Darren New <dnew@sgf.fv.com>
Cc: www-talk@www10.w3.org
At 7:39 AM 6/19/95, Darren New wrote:
>> Similar technology that can be used for rating can be used to filter
>> unwanted ads.
>
>Well, I'd still like to see how you filter ads that aren't marked as ads.

Me to. It might be interesting to play with some automatic regocnition of
ads. However, I believe a better strategy would be that individuals or
specific organizations (clearninghouses) take care of this task, as
identification of ads requires intelligence.

>Heck, any server run by a major corporation is likely to be one huge ad.

That is fine. I am only working against a revenue model based on
_interspersed_ advertisement.

-- Terje <Norderhaug.CHI@xerox.com>
   <URL:http://www.ifi.uio.no/~terjen/>