Re: browsers & the web

From: Halley Beth Silver <halley@shop.internet.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 18:04:52 -0700
To: Steve <steve@mordred.gatech.edu>, www-talk@w3.org
I have heard this question asked numerous times, so I am in the process of
creating just such a site.  To do this properly and comprehensively is much
more work than any one person can handle.  Help would be much appreciated.
Perhaps someone would offer to test a particular browser, since I can only
test on mac/linux/windows/xwin for linux.

I would also like to expand this site to be a central index for web
developers - it has been done but not anywhere as comprehensively as it
should (unless i'm missing something? - any url's i'm missing out on)

Thank you,

halley

btw - sorry for responding so late, took a while to get the free time to do
this project.

At 8:36 PM 8/4/95, Steve wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>I searched through the archives of www-talk and www-html but couldn't find any
>topics concerning browsers and standardization (or conformance).  I'm wondering
>if there a page out there that lists characteristics of the major browsers,
>including those from Prodigy, AOL, etc.?  Perhaps something in checkbox
>format, i.e.
>
>   Browser         tables   stupid tags   etc.
>   -------------------------------------------
>   Netscape 1.1N     x          x
>   Mosaic 2.6        x
>   Web Explorer                 x
>   etc.                                    x
>

>Are there any technical papers/discussions on browser standardization (yeah,
>right)?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>steve

>Can't think of anything right now, other than the traditional e-mail address:
>steve@mordred.gatech.edu

Halley Beth Silver                                              (415) 252-7985
Web Mercenary
halley@sirius.com