browsers & the web

From: Steve <steve@mordred.gatech.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 1995 16:36:46 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-talk@w3.org

Hello everyone,

I searched through the archives of www-talk and www-html but couldn't find any
topics concerning browsers and standardization (or conformance).  I'm wondering
if there a page out there that lists characteristics of the major browsers,
including those from Prodigy, AOL, etc.?  Perhaps something in checkbox
format, i.e.

   Browser         tables   stupid tags   etc.
   Netscape 1.1N     x          x
   Mosaic 2.6        x
   Web Explorer                 x
   etc.                                    x

Are there any technical papers/discussions on browser standardization (yeah,
right)?

Thanks in advance,

steve

Can't think of anything right now, other than the traditional e-mail address:
steve@mordred.gatech.edu