Verity news items

From: Nick Arnett <narnett@verity.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 1995 17:40:49 -0700
To: www-talk@w3.org
We're making a couple of Web announcements tomorrow morning.  I've posted
the full text to comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html, since they are more
related to authoring than anything else.  Here's a quick summary:

1.  We're announcing Topic Remote Web Indexer, the first commercial Web
"spider," which will be bundled with the next release of Topic WebSearcher.
This is a spider that doesn't jump from one site to another; it's designed
for companies that have a number of servers for which they want a common
searcheable index.  It's not for creating a new Lycos, WebCrawler, etc.  (I
also posted the full text of this one to the robots mailing list.)

2.  We're also announcing Topic WebAgents, which is a hybridization of Web
and CD-ROM publishing.  It comes as a publishing toolkit, including our
indexing tools and run-times for Unix, Windows and Mac, for client-side
search.

3.  I've also posted the text of last week's announcement we made with
QuarterDeck; they're embedding our engine in their WebServer product.

Nick