Re: Verity news items

From: Brian Gaines <gaines@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 16:48:01 -0500
To: www-talk@w3.org
>>Nick, those news items are not relevant to software developers,
>>and so should not be announced on www-talk.  Toolkit announcements
>>are okay, marketing announcements are not.
>>....Roy Fielding (listmaster@w3.org)
>(sigh)  This used to be one of the only lists where do you have to see all
>those "this is not appropriate for this list" messages.  Perhaps we should
>create www-chatter?
>(BTW, Nick, I enjoyed seeing the announcement!)

These were interesting announcements and appropriate to a www "talk"
stream. If there is to be a list restricted to software development
then perhaps it should have a name that reflects that.

I changed Roy's "software developers" to "development" because it seems
that is what he must have meant. The announcements WERE eminently relevant
to developers -- we all want to know what other developers are doing!

Dr Brian R Gaines               Knowledge Science Institute
                                University of Calgary
gaines@cpsc.ucalgary.ca         Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4
403-220-5901  Fax:403-284-4707  http://ksi.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/KSI