Re: Re[2]: File upload from a Web browser

From: <ryan@xsoft.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 14:20:02 PDT
To: murrayb@icis.qut.edu.au
Cc: www-talk@w3.org
> But why burden the server with anything more than a reference to
> an object?
so i can send something from me to you without having a WWW server on my end.
clients should not have to be persistent.   e.g.  i navigate to to the Service Bureau
using a WWW browswer on my laptop computer, send some files to the bureau, and then
turn off my laptop to take a nap, fly in an airplane, talk to people - go off-line.

we aren't creating a WWW file system.  we hope to enable full duplex communication.

//michael
:: michael ryan , ryan@xsoft.xerox.com
:: ob disclaimer: opinions expressed are not those of xerox, corp.