Re[2]: PC servers

From: Darren Blaine Day <DDAY@music.transy.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 95 16:39:33 EDT
To: <www-talk@www10.w3.org>
Cc: Darren Blaine Day <DDAY@music.transy.edu>
>>>      Anyone have experience with PC-based web servers?  Which?

I'm using GoServe under OS/2 2.11 on a 386/25mhz machine
with 16 megs of memory. It was easy to set up and works
fine for me. I doubt if my setup is ideal for a server
getting a hundred hits a minute. Still, performance is
great on this old machine with 2 or 3 people grabbing
stuff at the same time. GoServe can also be used as a
gopher server, although I haven't explored that aspect
of the package.

GoServe uses filters written in REXX rather than following
CGI. The separate GoHTTP package provides CGI-Bin support,
however.

GoServe is available at:
http://www2.hursley.ibm.com/goserve

GoHTTP can be found at:
http://w3.ag.uiuc.edu/DLM/GoHTTP/GoHTTP.html

--      ...however, I'm usually mistaken...
--Darren Blaine Day         dday@music.transy.edu
--Transylvania University   dday@next.transy.edu (MIME)
--Lexington, Kentucky       dbday@aol.com