Re: [Json] FYI ECMA, W3C, IETF coordination on JSON

Well, for starters, interchanging non-integers can lead to loss of precision,
which can be dangerous.  Further, interchanging numbers without some notion of
the limits of the receiver is also dangerous.

Second, JSON does not only use sequences of digits to represent numbers, and
there are many JSON numbers that cannot be represented as a sequence of
base-ten digits.

Third, there are many numbers that humans interchange that cannot be
represented as finite sequences of digits, even if you allow also a decimal
point and a negative sign, for example 1/7, pi, and the square root of two.
(Perhaps the wording in the introduction is meant to allow infinite sequences
of digits, but then using JSON for interchange is a bit difficult.)  My
understanding is that limiting the representation of numbers to something like
the JSON syntax is more of a computer thing than a human thing.

peter