Re: Why polyglot is needed

From: Eric J. Bowman <eric@bisonsystems.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 00:07:39 -0600
To: "Michael[tm] Smith" <mike@w3.org>
Cc: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>, www-tag@w3.org
"Michael[tm] Smith" wrote:

> Creating a new document class instead of fixing broken systems that
> aren't meeting your needs and the needs of other users doesn't seem
> to me like the best way to address the underlying problems.

It isn't a new document class, it's a set of constraints for an
existing document class, to promote interoperability.  Because
sometimes, tweaking output markup is much simpler and more cost-
effective than fixing systems which are apparently "broken" for
stubbornly clinging to XML, or whatever.

-Eric