Atom vs Polyglot

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:51:49 +0100
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
CC: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>, Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>, "www-tag@w3.org List" <www-tag@w3.org>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com> wrote:
 > You could imagine, for example, the ATOM folks considering a formal
 > reference to polyglot had a polyglot spec been available at the time.

Actually, I don't see how this would have helped and what problem it
would have solved (and yes, I've been involved in Atom).

(I *do* believe that Polyglot can be useful; I just don't understand
that Atom reference).

Larry replied:
 > ... As for ATOM, perhaps it should be redone with JSON and HTML anyway.

That's *really* vague, Larry. What is the problem you think needs to be
solved in Atom?

Best regards, Julian