Re: ACTION-754: F2F discussion of fragids work

Noah, All,

The goals of a session on the fragids work would be to:

  a. work out whether the TAG should continue on course to Rec with the fragids document
  b. if so, work out what the CR exit criteria should be

For background reading:

  1. email from me about context of fragids work
       - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2013Feb/0021.html
  2. current editor's draft
       "Best Practices for Fragment Identifiers and Media Type Definitions"
       - http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mimeTypesAndFragids-2013-03-12.html

I do not want to spend time reviewing the draft (it's not changed significantly since it's last been reviewed, and there's been plenty of time for other comments), and propose in answer to the above:

  a. that we do continue on the Rec track
  b. that the exit criteria are to have one structured suffix registration, two media type registrations, and one fragid structure specification that follow the best practices outlined in the document

As far as I'm concerned, this is just finishing up work, so I don't expect that it will be worthwhile for us to spend lots of time on it. Consequently, I would expect this to take 45 mins. Of course if people want a longer session that's fine too.

Thanks,

Jeni

--
Jeni Tennison