future of "publishing and linking"

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 07:14:36 -0700
To: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>, "ashok.malhotra@oracle.com" <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
CC: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
My take on the future of P & L is that the feedback was substantial, including questioning the document's scope, audience, and utility.
Addressing those and continuing to Recommendation will require some substantial work, and if the work is to continue in the TAG, it will require a substantial commitment.

My suggestion is that the TAG should decide whether the TAG is going to take on relationship between "governance" and "architecture", as I outlined in
http://masinter.blogspot.com/2012/12/governance-and-web-standards.html

An alternative would be to publish the current document as a NOTE (perhaps uncommenting the "Best Practice" suggestions), and to invite the W3C to find some (non-TAG) activity to continue the work.

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net