W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > March 2013

Re: ACTION-782: Polyglot discussion at upcoming TAG F2F

From: Yehuda Katz <yehuda.katz@jquery.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 16:39:13 -0400
Message-ID: <CAMFeDTUTJCtCB_xKEQFeVsvGS4n02XBqYGX--NM0t_7Ggh3-yg@mail.gmail.com>
To: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Cc: Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>, "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>wrote:

>  I have TAG ACTION:
>
> ACTION-782: on - Noah Mendelsohn - schedule F2F discussion of polyglot,
> the TAG's request to HTML WG on polygot, and HTML/XML Unification - Due:
> 2013-03-01 - OPEN
>
> We discussed this on 28 Feb [1] and earlier on 24 January [2]. From the 28
> Feb minutes:
>
> ------------------------------------------
>  NM: I assumed people wanted to discuss having the TAG change it's
> position.
>
> Minutes of discussion leading to ACTION:
> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2013/01/24-minutes.html#item10
>
> NM: The F2F discussion was requested on 24 January
> ... by Yehuda
>
> YK: Yes, I think we need to get "old" and "new" TAG members in sync
>
> <ht> I have not had the time to assemble a satisfactory email on Polyglot,
> but would like to participate in a f2f discussion
>
> <ht> yes please
>
> HT: Try to schedule polyglot when I can call
>
> <JeniT> I agree that there's probably a core disagreement here, and we
> should try to get down to it
>
> <JeniT> slightlylate(*) has been researching it
>
> <JeniT> so perhaps he would be in a good position to do some prep
>
> *NM: OK, I'll take this offline, will check with Alex, Yehuda and Henry
> among others *
> ------------------------------------------
>
> OK, I'm checking :-). Seriously, I will definitely schedule a session, and
> I think I can assemble pointers to email threads, the TAG's position, etc.
> Alex: as you see, there was speculation that you might want to contribute
> to the preparation. If you have any references to include in the agenda or
> required reading, please send them along. If you have position statements
> you want considered, then please make sure they're linkable in the email
> archives and I'll include them in the F2F prep list. Likewise for Yehuda,
> Henry and others: please alert me to anything you want including in the
> agenda item or issue framing. Thank you.
>

My goal was just to get a face-to-face discussion about this so that
passionate supporters of using TAG time for this could make their case. I
believe that several of the new members do not see this as a good use of
TAG's limited time, but wanted to give longer-standing members an
opportunity to disabuse us of that.


>
> Noah
>
> (*) slightlylate is Alex Russell
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2013/02/28-minutes#item03
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2013/01/24-minutes.html#item10
>
>
>


-- 
Yehuda Katz
(ph) 718.877.1325
Received on Sunday, 10 March 2013 20:40:00 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Sunday, 10 March 2013 20:40:01 GMT