Re: Highlighting issue of XML support in DOM 4 (was: TAG Decision .....develop a polyglot guide)

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 17:32:31 +0100
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Cc: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>, Daniel Glazman <daniel@glazman.org>, Norm Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com> wrote:
> What definition of "widely used" would you like me to use?

The one that was used for the DOM specification is whether or not
applications depend on the feature. So whether it can be removed from
user agents without affecting applications running on those user
agents.

Note that if there are compelling use cases for these features, per
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2013Jan/0087.html
justification seems lacking, we can easily introduce them. We have
removed everything from the DOM applications did not depend upon and
started from there.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/