W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > April 2013

Re: Draft TAG Teleconference Minutes 4th of April 2013

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 10:15:47 -0400
Message-ID: <515EDC93.3060801@arcanedomain.com>
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: "www-tag.w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
I haven't read in detail, but these look terrific. Thank you so much for 
turning them around so quickly!

Noah

On 4/4/2013 2:44 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> These minutes are subject to review, but you knew that.
>
> Web: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2013/04/04-minutes.html
>
> Email:
>
>     [1]W3C
>
>        [1] http://www.w3.org/
>
>                                 - DRAFT -
>
>                Technical Architecture Group Teleconference
>
> 04 Apr 2013
>
>     [2]Agenda
>
>        [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2013/04/04-agenda
>
>     See also: [3]IRC log
>
>        [3] http://www.w3.org/2013/04/04-tagmem-irc
>
> Attendees
>
>     Present
>            Yehuda, Jeni, Tim, Noah, Yves, Henry, Alex, Anne
>
>     Regrets
>            Marcos
>
>     Chair
>            Noah
>
>     Scribe
>            Anne
>
> Contents
>
>       * [4]Topics
>           1. [5]Agenda
>           2. [6]Actions
>           3. [7]TAG backlog
>           4. [8]Pending review actions
>       * [9]Summary of Action Items
>       __________________________________________________________
>
> Agenda
>
>     Noah: Lets go through F2F actions and then through the TAG's
>     backlog
>     ... For those in the backlog we may want to go through them and
>     indicate whether we'll be working on them or that they should
>     not expect an update.
>     ... The next call will be in two weeks.
>
>     <noah> Alex will scribe on 18 April
>
>     <noah> No regrets for the 18th
>
>     Noah: Another administrative item was a request for a calendar
>     feed
>
>     <noah> Calendar:
>     [10]https://cal.csswg.org/public.php/tag/calendar.ics
>
>       [10] https://cal.csswg.org/public.php/tag/calendar.ics
>
>     Noah: this is experimental, set up by plinss
>     ... I'll do the updates, you can pull out of it
>     ... TAG F2F in London coming up, start thinking about travel
>
>     <noah> Reminder, please put ACTION-XXX in subject or body of
>     your emails
>
>     Noah: beware of cross-posting ACTION- to other lists as there's
>     no namespacing
>
>     [no namespacing, how can this be!]
>
> Actions
>
>     JeniT: I'd like to postpone my action
>
>     <trackbot> ACTION-790 -- Jeni Tennison to do new Editor's Draft
>     of fragids spec for approval to publish as CR -- due 2013-04-16
>     -- OPEN
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [11]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/790
>
>       [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/790
>
>     <trackbot> ACTION-791 -- Alex Russell to redraft proposed
>     "status" section that TAG is suggesting for Polyglot -- due
>     2013-03-27 -- OPEN
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [12]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/791
>
>       [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/791
>
>     Noah: Has discussion converged?
>
>     Yehuda: it seems there were two points
>     ... Larry thought Alex' use cases were too narrow and I had
>     mentioned another use case worth mentioning
>     ... It seemed people were talking past each other via email
>
>     <ht> sorry, but I've been busy -- I'd like to review the emails
>     before discussing
>
>     Yehuda: easiest would be for Alex to reply to those emails
>
>     <noah> OK, Henry
>
>     Yehuda: Both Larry and I wanted to expand your wording
>
>     Alex: Yes that works for me
>
>     Noah: bump due date?
>
>     Alex: yes
>
>     <trackbot> ACTION-791 -- Alex Russell to redraft proposed
>     "status" section that TAG is suggesting for Polyglot -- due
>     2013-04-16 -- OPEN
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [13]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/791
>
>       [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/791
>
>     <slightlyoff_> *finally*. Sorry 'bout that
>
>     Noah: anything else on Polyglot?
>
>     [silence]
>
>     <trackbot> ACTION-793 -- Anne van Kesteren to draft disclaimer
>     text for Authoritative Metadata -- due 2013-04-05 -- OPEN
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [14]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/793
>
>       [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/793
>
>     Anne: Just updated due date, will do it tomorrow.
>
>     [Discussing details of note formatting.]
>
>     <noah> [15]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect-20060412
>
>       [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect-20060412
>
>     <timbl> It is better to work in the CVS space than to have it
>     at your own private site
>
>     Noah: use a date in the URL
>     ... Yehuda, any update on F2F minutes?
>
>     Yehuda: one flight away
>
> TAG backlog
>
>     [16]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/open
>
>       [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/open
>
>     Noah: The TAG used its own issue tracking system that had
>     shortnames. That explains errorHandling-20 and such.
>     ... The first six or so years of the TAG it used issues to
>     drive its agenda.
>     ... And looked at aspects of them, e.g. error handling in HTML
>     vs XML.
>     ... Larry expressed frustration with this process and so we
>     created product pages to have a more overarching goal of what
>     we're working towards.
>
>     <trackbot> ISSUE-34 -- XML Transformation and composability
>     (e.g., XSLT,XInclude, Encryption) -- open
>
>     <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/34
>
>       [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/34
>
>     Noah: Lets go through the issues and see which we can close.
>     ... Processing model of XML. Is there any interest in this?
>
>     <ht> xmlFunctions-34
>
>     Tim: I'm happy to do things with XML. This came from when we're
>     talking about XML was processed. The meaning from XML has to be
>     taken outside-in. Otherwise you cannot create new XML
>     specifications that interweave with what exist.
>     ... Not clear people noticed that.
>
>     <noah> I note that traceker has several status codes we can
>     assign, including OPEN, PENDING, REVIEW, POSTPONED, and CLOSED.
>
>     Tim: Henry did a lot more work on that. I don't feel we need to
>     put a whole lot of energy into XML at all. JSON is the new way
>     for me. It's much more straightforward.
>
>     <noah> Suggestion: if we think this is now resolved or
>     uninteresting, CLOSE it; if we think it's interesting but not
>     now, then POSTPONED?
>
>     Tim: We need another concept besides OPEN/CLOSED. Something
>     like NOT WORKING ON IT.
>
>     Noah: It has POSTPONED.
>
>     Tim: POSTPONED expresses a feeling of guilt. But there's no
>     guilt.
>
>     Noah: It's close enough and I'm not looking forward to changing
>     Tracker.
>
>     <Zakim> ht, you wanted to add 0.02USD
>
>     Henry: I'm happy to move this to the backburner. I think
>     there's a genuine issue here and of interest to the community
>     but I don't have the bandwidth.
>
>     Noah: We need to tell ourselves a story as to what these codes
>     mean.
>     ... Historically we used CLOSED for "it's in pretty good
>     shape".
>
>     Henry: I'm happy with POSTPONED and it's better than CLOSED.
>
>     <slightlyoff_> +1 for postponing
>
>     <JeniT> +1
>
>     RESOLUTION: We mark ISSUE-34 (xmlFunctions-34) POSTPONED
>
>     <slightlyoff_> I think this is important, thanks for doing it
>     noah
>
>     <trackbot> ISSUE-35 -- Syntax and semantics for embedding RDF
>     in XHTML -- open
>
>     <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/35
>
>       [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/35
>
>     <noah> RDFinXHTML-35
>
>     Noah: I think it's important going through these.
>     ... even though it's somewhat boring to do our due diligence
>     and set expectations.
>     ... I think people were pretty happy with the progress Jeni
>     made here.
>
>     <noah> Propose to CLOSE this one.
>
>     <JeniT> +1
>
>     <slightlyoff_> +1
>
>     RESOLUTION: We mark ISSUE-35 (RDFinXHTML-35) CLOSED, believing
>     that good answers have been developed
>
>     <noah> ACTION: Jeni to draft text on closing of issue
>     RDFinXHTML-35 [recorded in
>     [19]http://www.w3.org/2013/04/04-tagmem-minutes.html#action01]
>
>       [19] http://www.w3.org/2013/04/04-tagmem-minutes.html#action01
>
>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-794 - Draft text on closing of issue
>     RDFinXHTML-35 [on Jeni Tennison - due 2013-04-11].
>
>     <trackbot> ISSUE-46 -- Impact of changes to XML 1.1 on other
>     XML Specifications -- open
>
>     <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/46
>
>       [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/46
>
>     PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Mark ISSUE-46 (xml11Names-46) CLOSED
>     because it has been dealt with.
>
>     <slightlyoff_> +1
>
>     <ht> +1
>
>     RESOLUTION: Mark ISSUE-46 (xml11Names-46) CLOSED because it has
>     been dealt with and time has passed.
>
>     <noah> close ISSUE-46
>
>     <trackbot> Closed ISSUE-46 Impact of changes to XML 1.1 on
>     other XML Specifications.
>
>     <noah> close ISSUE-35
>
>     <trackbot> Closed ISSUE-35 Syntax and semantics for embedding
>     RDF in XHTML.
>
>     <trackbot> ISSUE-47 -- WS-Addressing SOAP binding & app
>     protocols -- open
>
>     <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/47
>
>       [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/47
>
>     <noah> Issue description:
>
>     <noah> "In a nutshell, it [
>
>     <noah> WS-Addressing - SOAP Binding ] requires that the URI in
>     the "Address" component of a WS-Addressing EPR be serialized
>     into a wsa:To SOAP header, independent of the underlying
>     protocol. IMO, a Web-architecture consistent means of doing
>     this would be to serialize it to the Request-URI when using
>     SOAP with HTTP, or the "RCPT TO:" value when using SOAP with
>     SMTP, etc.."
>
>     <JeniT> must have been overtaken by events, surely
>
>     <timbl> close
>
>     <noah> ACTION: Noah to draft text on closing of ISSUE-46
>     [recorded in
>     [22]http://www.w3.org/2013/04/04-tagmem-minutes.html#action02]
>
>       [22] http://www.w3.org/2013/04/04-tagmem-minutes.html#action02
>
>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-795 - Draft text on closing of
>     ISSUE-46 [on Noah Mendelsohn - due 2013-04-11].
>
>     Noah: Even the WS community is not using Endpoint References.
>
>     Noah: Even the WS community is not using Endpoint References?
>
>     Yves: That's my understanding
>
>     PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Mark ISSUE-47 (endPointRefs-47) CLOSED
>     because we cannot affect this and code has either been deployed
>     or is dead.
>
>     <slightlyoff_> SGTM
>
>     <Yves> +1
>
>     <JeniT> +1
>
>     <slightlyoff_> +1
>
>     RESOLUTION: Mark ISSUE-47 (endPointRefs-47) CLOSED because we
>     cannot affect this and code has either been deployed or is
>     dead.
>
>     <trackbot> Closed ISSUE-47 WS-Addressing SOAP binding & app
>     protocols.
>
>     Noah: Yves, can you draft text to post to the community?
>
>     Yves: sure thing
>
>     <trackbot> ISSUE-61 -- URI Based Access to Packaged Items --
>     open
>
>     <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/61
>
>       [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/61
>
>     <noah> Description: "The TAG opened an issue,
>     uriBasedPackageAccess-61 [$1\47] to consider URI based access
>     and reference to items within a web accessible package. In
>     addressing a more general problem the TAG expects to cover the
>     requirements of the WAF community who have requested help wrt
>     to their current work on widgets [$1\47] as well other
>     situations that involve reference within and into packaged
>     structures on the web."
>
>     <JeniT> I don't know but this looks like it could still be
>     interesting
>
>     Anne: SysApps is the new group that works on stuff like this, I
>     think
>     ... there's an app:// URL thingie
>
>     <noah> I agree, I just wanted us to look because I knew that
>     the original issue arose from concerns about a particular
>     component technology that I believe is no longer moving ahead.
>     I agree that it's reasonable to keep the issue open.
>
>     Tim: Certainly with a zip file you want to get bits out of it.
>
>     Jeni: Coming from the Open Data angle is that we have really
>     big data files, zip them up, and still reference bits inside of
>     it.
>
>     Anne: There's different use cases. One is about locally
>     referencing a file. The other one is referencing a file from
>     the outside.
>
>     Tim: it would be nice if they could be treated consistently.
>
>     Noah: issues track several things usually
>
>     Anne: I think they are orthogonal, but I suspect we won't work
>     on it much
>
>     <JeniT> looking at
>     [24]http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/#zip-relative-paths
>
>       [24] http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/#zip-relative-paths
>
>     Noah: Okay, lets keep it open, and if we later get more
>     information we can add it to and revisit it
>
>     [25]http://appuri.sysapps.org/
>
>       [25] http://appuri.sysapps.org/
>
>     <JeniT> this is stuff marcosc is working on
>
>     Tim: can you add that link to ISSUE-61 Anne?
>
>     Anne: done
>
> Pending review actions
>
>     <noah>
>     [26]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingrevie
>     w
>
>       [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
>
>     Noah: I think these can be closed
>
>     <slightlyoff_> +1 to closing the action
>
>     <noah> close ACTION-741
>
>     <trackbot> Closed ACTION-741 Check with Norm Walsh on closing
>     out HTML/XML unification work.
>
>     <noah> ACTION-782?
>
>     <trackbot> ACTION-782 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule F2F
>     discussion of polyglot, the TAG's request to HTML WG on
>     polygot, and HTML/XML Unification -- due 2013-03-01 --
>     PENDINGREVIEW
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [27]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/782
>
>       [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/782
>
>     <noah> close ACTION-782
>
>     <trackbot> Closed ACTION-782 schedule F2F discussion of
>     polyglot, the TAG's request to HTML WG on polygot, and HTML/XML
>     Unification.
>
>     <slightlyoff_> +1
>
>     <noah> ACTION-785?
>
>     <trackbot> ACTION-785 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule discussion
>     of developer involvement/outreach at F2F -- due 2013-03-04 --
>     PENDINGREVIEW
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [28]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/785
>
>       [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/785
>
>     <slightlyoff_> I think this should be extended
>
>     <slightlyoff_> can we assign marcosc?
>
>     <slightlyoff_> hate to volunteer him
>
>     <noah> close ACTION-785
>
>     <trackbot> Closed ACTION-785 schedule discussion of developer
>     involvement/outreach at F2F.
>
>     <noah> ACTION: Marcos to develop new ideas for improved synergy
>     with and outreach to the developer community - Due: 2013-05-20
>     [recorded in
>     [29]http://www.w3.org/2013/04/04-tagmem-minutes.html#action03]
>
>       [29] http://www.w3.org/2013/04/04-tagmem-minutes.html#action03
>
>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-796 - Develop new ideas for improved
>     synergy with and outreach to the developer community - Due:
>     2013-05-20 [on Marcos Caceres - due 2013-04-11].
>
>     <trackbot> ACTION-796 -- Marcos Caceres to develop new ideas
>     for improved synergy with and outreach to the developer
>     community -- due 2013-05-20 -- OPEN
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [30]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/796
>
>       [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/796
>
>     <trackbot> ACTION-787 -- Alex Russell to solicit informal
>     discussion on HTML WG list of clarifying: polyglot doesn't
>     restrict html5 futures -- due 2013-02-25 -- PENDINGREVIEW
>
>     <trackbot>
>     [31]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/787
>
>       [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/787
>
>     <slightlyoff_> it was me
>
>     <noah> close ACTION-787
>
>     <trackbot> Closed ACTION-787 solicit informal discussion on
>     HTML WG list of clarifying: polyglot doesn't restrict html5
>     futures.
>
>     Alex: I solicited that feedback privately, no follow up
>
>     Noah: all pending review actions are dealt with
>
>     <noah>
>     [32]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue?sort
>     =owner
>
>       [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue?sort=owner
>
>     <slightlyoff_> curious to know if we want to keep pursuing
>     [33]http://www.w3.org/wiki/TagIssue57Proposal27
>
>       [33] http://www.w3.org/wiki/TagIssue57Proposal27
>
>     Noah: overdue actions is a permathread
>
>     <slightlyoff_> thanks
>
>     Alex: I'm curious to know what happens to actions assigned to
>     outgoing TAG members
>
>     Noah: I think it's my task to sort out these overdue actions
>     with outgoing TAG members and then come back to the TAG
>
>     Noah: I propose to adjourn the call. Please keep me up to date
>     with requests for the meetings. That'd be very helpful.
>
>     <noah> ADJOURNED
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
>     [NEW] ACTION: Jeni to draft text on closing of issue
>     RDFinXHTML-35 [recorded in
>     [34]http://www.w3.org/2013/04/04-tagmem-minutes.html#action01]
>     [NEW] ACTION: Marcos to develop new ideas for improved synergy
>     with and outreach to the developer community - Due: 2013-05-20
>     [recorded in
>     [35]http://www.w3.org/2013/04/04-tagmem-minutes.html#action03]
>     [NEW] ACTION: Noah to draft text on closing of ISSUE-46
>     [recorded in
>     [36]http://www.w3.org/2013/04/04-tagmem-minutes.html#action02]
>
>       [34] http://www.w3.org/2013/04/04-tagmem-minutes.html#action01
>       [35] http://www.w3.org/2013/04/04-tagmem-minutes.html#action03
>       [36] http://www.w3.org/2013/04/04-tagmem-minutes.html#action02
>
>
> --
> http://annevankesteren.nl/
>
>
Received on Friday, 5 April 2013 14:16:22 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 5 April 2013 14:16:22 UTC