Revised version of Publishing and Linking

From: Ashok Malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 06:28:21 -0700
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
I have checked in a revised version of the Publishing and Linking draft at:

http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/PublishingAndLinkingOnTheWeb-20121015.html and
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/publishingAndLinkingOnTheWeb.html

for discussion as a potential Last Call draft.

The major changes to the document are:

1.  Added a section Why We Wrote This Document in response to David Booth's
request for an executive summary.

2. In section 4.3 added a paragraph discussing how search engines uses aliasing to record which link
you click on.

3. Rewrote the first para of section 5.1.1 to clarify "HTTP Referer Header".  We can add
more such clarifications if readers so desire.

4. In section 5.1.6 changed cc:license to xhv:license as an example of how a Web page can
include a license that can be detected automatically.  This is in response to a comment from
Renato Ianella.  I am not clear on whether Renato would like further changes

--
All the best, Ashok