Firefox enhances support for installed apps

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 15:57:35 -0400
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>, Dan Appelquist <dan@bluevia.com>, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Apropos today's discussion of installable Web apps. The release notes [1]
for Firefox 16 include "Initial Web App Support [2], which seems to be an
appcache-like mechanism, but with a JSON manifest file. I'm sure this is no
news to people who work on this stuff regularly, and I've likely
misunderstood nuances of the relationship to appcache, but it's another
piece of support that's available, and no longer considered experimental.

Also, per [1], CSS3 Animations, Transitions, Transforms and Gradients are
now unprefixed.

Noah

[1] http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/16.0/releasenotes/
[2] https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Apps/Getting_Started