Changing representations

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 11:39:35 +0200
To: W3C TAG <www-tag@w3.org>
I've struggled with this myself, on seeing the same question appear on
another list I think it's worth posing. I'd appreciate clarification.

Server-side you have a named resource. You PUT something there in a
given media type, what expectations have you over other media types?
My feeling was it doesn't matter, as long as the HTTP contract, any
subsequent GET will give something appropriate. Hopefully the change
percolates. But although that makes sense, it's kinda vague. The
interpretation I saw by this guy on a list, trying to follow the spec
properly, was like there were different buckets hanging of the
resource, you push some json, the json bucket changes. Does that
influence the other buckets?

Might have to dig Roy up, but clarification on this would help.

Cheers,
Danny.

--
http://dannyayers.com