W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > July 2012

RE: Copyright/linking on 12 July call (was: Re: ACTION-727)

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:45:45 -0700
To: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>, "ashok.malhotra@oracle.com" <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
CC: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
Message-ID: <C68CB012D9182D408CED7B884F441D4D1DA4C32ED2@nambxv01a.corp.adobe.com>
I should have something to review by the end of this week, not in time for tomorrow's call, but in time for next week's.

I suggest not putting this on the agenda for July 12.


-----Original Message-----
From: Noah Mendelsohn [mailto:nrm@arcanedomain.com] 
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 12:59 PM
To: ashok.malhotra@oracle.com
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
Subject: Copyright/linking on 12 July call (was: Re: ACTION-727)

Ashok and Larry,

I'm just now digging out from vacation trying to pull together the agenda 
for tomorrow. One of the main items I had in mind was the work Ashok was 
going to do on:

ACTION-727: on - Ashok Malhotra - With help from JAR to work on a plan for 
taking a slightly stronger version of the Copyright and Linking draft 
forward - Due: 2012-07-10 - OPEN

Once his draft was ready and reviewed, we were going to discuss and decide 
whether Ashok would become an editor (all this is per discussion on 21 June 
[1]). Do we have anything that's worth discussing tomorrow? All I see in 
subsequent e-mails from Ashok is the attached request for comments.

Further confusing me a bit is an e-mail from Larry [2] in which he says:

"I agreed to take on producing a new version of the publishing and linking 
over the next couple of weeks, for Jonathan & Ashok to review first, and 
then for discussion by the TAG."

Well, I'm delighted to see that, but a little confused by the fact that the 
action is on Ashok, with no mention of Larry, and I don't >think< there's 
any action suggesting Larry's on the hook for this.  ACTION-727 was 
assigned to Ashok on our last telcon, but just ahead of Larry's e-mail.

Anyway, I'd be grateful if you all would clarify who's doing what, whether 
there's progress to discuss since our last telcon, and please update action 
assignments and correct dates as appropriate.  If I don't hear otherwise, 
I'll leave a placeholder in the agenda, after items that are more clearly 
ready to go. Thank you!

Noah

P.S. Jeni: I do note that ACTION-729 is PENDING REVIEW, so we will discuss 
your new work on fragids. Thank you.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/06/21-minutes#item02
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Jun/0151.html

On 6/29/2012 8:09 AM, ashok malhotra wrote:
> Tracker, this is related to ACTION-727
>
> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: 	publishing and linking
> Resent-Date: 	Fri, 29 Jun 2012 00:28:57 +0000
> Resent-From: 	www-tag@w3.org
> Date: 	Thu, 28 Jun 2012 17:28:20 -0700
> From: 	Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
> To: 	Jeni Tennison <jeni.tennison@gmail.com>
> CC: 	Janaki Srinivasan <janakis@ischool.berkeley.edu>, Noah Mendelsohn
> <nrm@arcanedomain.com>, "ashok.malhotra@oracle.com"
> <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>, Jonathan A Rees <rees@mumble.net>,
> "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
>
>
>
> I agreed to take on producing a new version of the publishing and linking over the next couple of weeks, for Jonathan & Ashok to review first, and then for discussion by the TAG.
>
> Jeni (and anyone else) if you have any notes, comments, or other things you think should happen to the document, could you pass them on?
>
Received on Wednesday, 11 July 2012 21:46:15 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 11 July 2012 21:46:15 GMT