W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > January 2012

Agenda for TAG teleconference of 26 January 2012

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 21:46:26 -0500
Message-ID: <4F1F6D02.5010200@arcanedomain.com>
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
CC: Amy van der Hiel <amy@w3.org>
The agenda for the TAG teleconference of 26 January 2012 is now available 
at [1,2] and in text-only form below. Notwithstanding the warning last week 
that my participation was "at risk", I expect to be available to chair the 
call. Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/26-agenda
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly

============================================================

    [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: [3]19 January 2012 This: [4]26 January
    2012 Next: [5]2 Feburary 2012

       [1] http://www.w3.org/
       [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/19-agenda
       [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/26-agenda
       [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/02/02-agenda

              Agenda of 26 January 2012 TAG Teleconference

    Nearby: [6]TAG work plan - [7]Teleconference details - [8]issues
    list - [9]open actions - [10]pending review actions - [11]www-tag
    archive - [12]tag archive
     1. Convene
           + Chair: Noah Mendelsohn, Scribe: Yves Lafon (confirmed)
           + Roll call -- Regrets: Larry Masinter
           + Future regrets:
           + Agenda Review - [13]this agenda
           + Next Meeting: 2 February 2012, Chair: Noah Mendelsohn
           + Future scribes: Larry Masinter - > Jeni Tennison - > Ashok
             Malhotra
     2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
           + [14]minutes of 4-6 January 2012 F2F
           + [15]minutes of 19 January 2012 (if available)
     3. Administrative items
           + HTML/XML Unification report is in the process of being
             published as a W3C note
           + Waiting on input from Dan Appelquist on Web Apps vs.
             native, then will be ready to assemble note for Jeff Jaffe
     4. [16]ISSUE-50 (URNsAndRegistries-50): Persistent references
           + Goals:
                o Revew and update [17]draft product page from Henry
                  Thompson — agree on goals, schedules, and deliverables
                  for TAG work on persistence of references
           + Background:
                o [18]F2F discussion of persistence on 4 January 2012
                o During brief discussion on 19 January 2012, Henry
                  Thompson asks for a bit of extra time to prepare for
                  this discussion — in private communication with the
                  chair, Henry indicates that he is now ready.
                o [19]ACTION-528: on - Henry Thompson - Create and get
                  consensus on a product page and tracker product page
                  for persistence of names - Due: 2012-01-24 - PENDING
                  REVIEW
                o [20]ACTION-653: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule telcon
                  discussion of Persistence product page (which was
                  drafted for but not reviewed at F2F - Due: 2012-01-17
                  - PENDING REVIEW
                o [21]Discussion at the Sept. 2011 F2F in Edinburgh
                o Earlier background:
                     # E-mail from Jonathan Rees [22]Persistence at Sept
                       2011 TAG F2F (required reading)
                     # E-mail from Henry Thompson [23]suggesting
                       consideration of a possible workshop on domain
                       persistence at the [24]7th International Digital
                       Curation Conference
                     # [25]ACTION-478: on - Jonathan Rees - Prepare a
                       second draft of a finding on persistence of
                       references, to be based on decision tree from
                       Oct. 2010 F2F - Due: 2012-02-28 - OPEN
                     # [26]ACTION-477: on - Henry Thompson - Organize
                       meeting on persistence of domains - Due:
                       2011-10-04 - CLOSED
                     # See also [27]agenda item on Persistent References
                       from 6-8 June 2011 F2F (as best the chair can
                       determine, this was on the agenda for June, but
                       not discussed due to time constraints)
                     # [28]Jonathan requests opportunity for F2F
                       discussion and lists potential discussion topics
                     # [29]Discussion at Feb. 2011 F2F
                     # [30]ACTION-444: on - Jonathan Rees - Draft a
                       white paper on link persistence - Due: 2010-10-11
                       - CLOSED
                     # [31]ACTION-414: on - Henry S. Thompson - Prepare
                       a draft agenda, including goals and means, for a
                       proposed afternoon session with invited guests,
                       and circulate for discussion prior to a decision,
                       on the subject of addressing the persistence of
                       domain names - Due: 2010-06-01 - CLOSED
                     # [32]June 2010 F2F discussion of domain name
                       persistence; [33]October 2010 F2F discussion of
                       domain name persistence
     5. [34]ISSUE-58 (namespaceDocument-8): XML Schema Namespace
        Document
           + Goals:
                o Hear progress report from Henry Thompson on long
                  standing(!) [35]ACTION-23
           + Background:
                o [36]ACTION-23: on - Henry Thompson - track progress of
                  #int bug 1974 in the XML Schema namespace document in
                  the XML Schema WG - Due: 2012-01-24 - PENDING REVIEW
                o Brief [37]discussion on 10 February 2011
     6. Possible late addition to the agenda: [38]ACTION-560: Polyglot
        document review
           + Henry Thompson has informed the chair that he may have
             progress to report on: [39]ACTION-560: on - Henry Thompson
             - Review HTML polyglot last call Due 2011-06-06 - Due:
             2012-01-24 - OPEN
     7. Web Application Storage
           + Goals:
                o Commit to a plan for TAG work on Web Application
                  Storage including goals, deliverables as proposed in
                  [40]Draft Product page for TAG work on Web Application
                  Storage
           + Background:
                o [41]ACTION-632: on - Ashok Malhotra - Frame issues
                  around client-side storage work - Due: 2012-02-07 -
                  OPEN
                o [42]ACTION-647: on - Ashok Malhotra - Draft product
                  page on client-side storage focusing on specific goals
                  and success criteria Due: 2012-01-17 - Due: 2012-02-07
                  - OPEN
                o [43]ACTION-572: on - Yves Lafon - Look at appcache in
                  HTML5 - Due: 2011-11-29 - OPEN
                o [44]ACTION-475: on - Ashok Malhotra - Write finding on
                  client-side storage, DanA to review - Due: 2011-08-24
                  - CLOSED
                o [45]ACTION-523: on - Ashok Malhotra - (with help from
                  Noah) build good product page for client storage
                  finding, identifying top questions to be answered on
                  client side storage - Due: 2012-01-17 - CLOSED
                o [46]ACTION-354: on - Ashok Malhotra - Review client
                  side storage apis (web simple storage etc.), looking
                  for architectural issues or other critical problems...
                  or interesting design features the TAG should know
                  about - Due: 2010-03-08 - CLOSED
                o [47]ACTION-392: on - NON-CURRENT-MEMBER - Look into
                  using new client side storage APIs as an RDFa or
                  tabulator data store - Due: 2010-03-17 - CLOSED
                o [48]ACTION-435: on - Jonathan Rees - Consult Tyler
                  Close regarding UMP-informed web storage vulnerability
                  analysis - Due: 2010-06-22 - CLOSED
                o [49]ACTION-438: on - Ashok Malhotra - Comment to web
                  storage guys: basically all of this is origin-based,
                  but section 6.1 has a 'may' -- is this a door being
                  held open for CORS? - Due: 2010-06-15 - CLOSED
                o [50]ACTION-586: on - Ashok Malhotra - Add text
                  covering advice equivalent to "Use of AJAX
                  implementation technology is not a sufficient excuse
                  for failing to provide first class URI identification
                  for documents on the Web" - Due: 2011-08-11 - CLOSED
     8. Pending Review Items:
           + [51]Pending review actions in [52]Tracker
     9. Overdue Action Items:
           + [53]Overdue actions in [54]Tracker
    10. Any other business
      _________________________________________________________

       [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/
       [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
       [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues
       [9] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
      [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
      [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
      [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/26-agenda
      [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/04-agenda
      [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/19-minutes
      [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/50
      [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/persistence.html
      [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/04-minutes#item02
      [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/528
      [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/653
      [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/14-minutes.html#item03
      [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Sep/0009.html
      [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Sep/0011.html
      [24] http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc11
      [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/478
      [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/477
      [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/06-agenda#persistence
      [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Jun/0009.html
      [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/02/09-minutes#item06
      [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/444
      [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/414
      [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/06/07-minutes.html#item04
      [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/10/20-minutes#item01
      [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/58
      [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/23
      [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/23
      [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/02/10-minutes#item08
      [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/560
      [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/560
      [40] 
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/clientsidestorage-2012-01-24.html
      [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/632
      [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/647
      [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/572
      [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/475
      [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/523
      [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/354
      [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/392
      [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/435
      [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/438
      [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/586
      [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
      [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue?sort=owner
      [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


     Noah Mendelsohn for the TAG
     $Revision: 1.1 $ of $Date: 2012/01/25 02:42:49 $

    [55]Valid XHTML 1.1

      [55] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Wednesday, 25 January 2012 02:46:53 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:44 GMT