Re: HTML5 proposes introduction of new family of URI schemes

From: Eric J. Bowman <eric@bisonsystems.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 09:09:08 -0700
To: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Cc: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>, "www-tag@w3.org List" <www-tag@w3.org>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
David Booth wrote:

>  - What is the HTML5 group doing inventing new URI schemes anyway?
> Standards groups are not the right place for research.

+1

This is the first I'm hearing of this, and I'm tired of being
blindsided by greenfield protocol-layer solutions to problems I never
knew we had, arising from standardization work on a markup language...

Can I get back to work now, instead of arguing the obvious point that
this is a user-agent configuration I as a developer want no control
over?

-Eric