Re: FYI, tag election links

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 20:54:47 -0500
To: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
CC: ashok.malhotra@oracle.com, www-tag@w3.org

On 12/13/2012 8:18 PM, Karl Dubost wrote:
> In revising the AWWW, it should allow more flexibility on its evolution (be revision systems, links, etc.) The TAG findings could have been part of this evolution but they are disconnected from the AWWW.

One of the purposes of the TAG Findings is to set down quickly and in
detail key insights that might later be used as the basis for revisions to
or new volumes of AWWW. So, in that sense, they have never been
"disconnected" from AWWW, at least in principle.

FWIW: some TAG members speculated a few years ago that focusing more on TAG
Recommendations might get us more community review during development, and
more attention afterwords.  So recently we have been focusing mainly on
Recs. as opposed to Findings, at least to see how it works out. (FWIW, I
think the experience has been mainly positive, but I'm not sure even these
are getting the attention we'd hope. We have also not formally abandonned
findings, just de-emphasized them in recent work.)

Thank you.

Noah