Possible TAG comment wrt Polyglot -- TAG ACTION-560

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 14:13:04 +0000
To: www-tag@w3.org
I've reviewed the current (18 August 2011) Editor's Draft of Polyglot
Markup: HTML-Compatible XHTML Documents [1].

I think we should discuss the following with an eye to submitting
a comment.

1) Namespace declarations [2]

 "Polyglot markup does not declare any other default or prefixed
  element namespace, because [HTML5] does not natively support the
  declaring of any other default or prefixed element namespace."

 This is incompatible with the resolution [3] of HTML Issue-120 [4].

Otherwise, there are no issues I see with this document that are
particularly in the TAG's area.  Overall I think it's pretty good.

ht

[1] http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-xhtml-author-guide/
[2] http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-xhtml-author-guide/#namespaces
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0689.html