Re: TAG Comment on

Yes, if you configure your browser to do so, you'll be assaulted with requests for a "test db" from many Web sites that use common frameworks.

I don't think that this should count as "use."

I do think now is precisely the time to be asking this kind of question; these features are NOT yet used at *Web* scale -- they're used by people willing to live on the bleeding edge, and therefore willing to accept risk of change.

One of the problems with lumping in a lot of new feature development with a spec maintenance / interop effort is confusion like this. Hopefully, the W3C (and others) will learn from this.

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/