W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > June 2011

Re: Agenda for the TAG teleconference of 23 June 2011

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 14:33:43 -0400
Message-ID: <4E08CD07.9080005@arcanedomain.com>
To: Peter Linss <peter.linss@hp.com>
CC: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
Peter,

Any estimate of when you'll have draft minutes for review? I'd like to come 
as close as possible to our advertised target of 2 days or less after the 
telcon, which in this case would mean by this evening (allowing for 
weekends). Thank you.

Noah

On 6/27/2011 11:38 AM, Paul Cotton wrote:
> Are the minutes of this meeting available?
>
> /paulc
>
> Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
> 17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
> Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: www-tag-request@w3.org [mailto:www-tag-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Noah Mendelsohn
> Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 10:25 AM
> To: www-tag@w3.org
> Subject: Agenda for the TAG teleconference of 23 June 2011
>
> The agenda for the TAG teleconference of 23 June 2011 is now available at [1,2], and in text-only form below. Thank you.
>
> Noah
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/23-agenda
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly
>
> =================================================
>
>      [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: [3]16 June 2011 This: [4]23 June 2011
>      Next: [5]14 July 2011
>
>         [1] http://www.w3.org/
>         [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
>         [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/16-agenda
>         [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/23-agenda
>         [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/07/14-agenda
>
>                  Agenda of 23 June 2011 TAG Teleconference
>
>      Nearby: [6]Teleconference details - [7]issues list - [8]open actions
>      - [9]pending review actions - [10]www-tag archive - [11]tag archive
>       1. Convene
>             + Chair: Noah Mendelsohn, Scribe: Peter Linss (confirmed)
>             + Roll call -- Regrets: Larry Masinter
>             + Future regrets: Tim (14, 21&  28 July); Larry (28 July)
>             + Agenda Review - [12]this agenda
>             + Next Meeting: 14 July 2011, Chair: Noah Mendelsohn
>             + Future scribes: Yves Lafon, Jonthan Rees, Dan Appelquist
>       2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
>             + [13]6-8 June 2011 (F2F)
>             + [14]16 June 2011
>       3. Administrative items
>             + The teleconferences of 30 June and 7 July 2011 have be
>               cancelled
>             + Summer telcons will be likely be held on the following
>               dates:
>                  o Probable: 14 July, 21 July, 4 August
>                  o Probably not: 28 July, 11 August, 18 August, 25 August
>                    (the chair would like to meet on one more of those
>                    August dates, but we would have low attendance)
>                  o [15]Spreadsheet showing summer regrets (member-only,
>                    .xls format)
>             + The autumn F2F will be 13-15 September in Edinburgh, UK
>             + The TAG will meet 4-6 January 2012 at the W3C offices at
>               MIT in Cambridge, MA
>             + TAG members are to hold open the week of 2 April 2012 for
>               likely F2F meeting at the W3C offices at Sophia-Antipolis,
>               France (timed to follow Paris IETF meetings the previous
>               week)
>       4. [16]ISSUE-35 (RDFinXHTML-35-27): Microdata / RDFa relationship
>             + Goals:
>                  o Finalize feedback to the HTML WG, RDFa working groups
>                    and/or W3C on microdata or RDFa
>             + Background:
>                  o We will discuss [17]e-mail from Jeni Tennison with
>                    draft proposal of TAG position (member-only until
>                    reviewed by the TAG) and [18]e-mail from the chair
>                    (Noah)
>                  o [19]ACTION-571: on - Jeni Tennison - Write up comments
>                    on microdata and RDFa - Due: 2011-06-16 - OPEN
>                  o [20]Discussion at 8 June TAG F2F
>       5. RFC 3023bis and IRI
>             + Goals:
>                  o Discuss coordination of technical issues relating to
>                    emerging drafts for RFC 3023bis and IRI
>                  o Decide whether TAG should be actively involved in
>                    resolving any of these issues
>             + Background:
>                  o Henry [21]provides details of issues to be considered.
>                    The following is adapted from Henry's note:
>                       # [22]RFC 3023bis and fragment identifiers -- We
>                         discussed this a year ago ([23]minutes) and came
>                         to a conclusion, which Noah took to
>                         [24]ACTION-441 to convey to the 3023 editors.
>                         There was [25]substantial pushback. Jonathan
>                         [26]reported on our further discussion to the
>                         3023 editors, setting out a number of alternative
>                         ways forward. Chris Lilley [27]replied stating a
>                         preference for option 2. But nothing has
>                         happened. . . Time to put a TAG push behind a new
>                         draft of 3023bis?
>                       # 3023bis and Processor Profiles -- The XML
>                         Processing Model WG has produced a [28]Last Call
>                         WD for XML Processing Profiles. Would 3023bis be
>                         the architecturally correct place to connect this
>                         to XML itself?
>                       # IRIbis and HTML5 'URIs' -- The HTML WG has
>                         removed all reference to 3987bis, but the IRI WG
>                         is exploring ways to get back in (the following
>                         is quoted from
>                         [29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ir
>                         i/2011May/0026.html):
>         "In March 2011, the W3C's HTML WG made a decision to close
>          ISSUE-56 when the parties involved could not come to agreement
>          on aligning HTML5 with the IRI WG's revisions to RFC 3987:
>
>         [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
>         [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues
>         [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
>         [9] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
>        [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
>        [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
>        [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/23-agenda
>        [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/06-agenda
>        [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/16-minutes
>        [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/coordination/Summer2011Availability.xls
>        [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/35
>        [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2011Jun/0082.html
>        [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2011Jun/0089.html
>        [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/571
>        [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/08-minutes.html#item06
>        [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Jun/0005.html
>        [22] http://www.w3.org/2006/02/son-of-3023/latest.html
>        [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/06/9-minutes.html#item03
>        [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/441
>        [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/449
>        [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/476
>        [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Nov/0095.html
>        [28] http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-xml-proc-profiles-20110412/
>        [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-iri/2011May/0026.html
>
>         "http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0404.htm
> l
>
>         "That decision effectively removed the HTML5 specification's
>          dependency on rfc3987bis.  It appears that this was done so
>          that the HTML5 specification could define how to translate
>          input strings contained in text/html documents into URIs.
>
>          . . .
>
>         "However, our understanding is that ISSUE-56 can be reopened if
>          new information emerges, such as "IETF completing production of
>          a document suitable as a formal reference".  And of course as
>          chairs of the IRI WG we would like to deliver such a document."
>                  o [30]Paul Grosso notes: Also related to IRIbis is the
>                    XML Core desire to be able to reference it normatively
>                    from the XML and related specs for the definition of
>                    LEIRIs as recorded at
>                    [31]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-cor
>                    e-wg/2011Mar/0022 among other places.
>       6. [32]ACTION-545: Privacy
>             + Note: this was a F2F session that we never got to - Ashok
>               Malhotra had agreed to lead it
>             + Goals:
>                  o Review the [33]Report of the W3C Workshop on Web
>                    Tracking and User Privacy (required reading)
>                  o We will focus primarily, but not exclusively on "Do
>                    Not Track" proposals
>                  o Decide how the TAG will engage in privacy-related work
>                    for the remainder of 2011
>             + Background:
>                  o [34]Report of the W3C Workshop on Web Tracking and
>                    User Privacy (required reading)
>                  o [35]ACTION-460: on - Daniel Appelquist - Coordinate
>                    with IAB regarding next steps on privacy policy - Due:
>                    2011-05-24 - OPEN
>                  o [36]ACTION-550: on - Daniel Appelquist - With help
>                    from Noah to plan TAG work on privacy, leading to
>                    session at F2F, next step is contact with TLR - Due:
>                    2011-05-12 - OPEN
>                  o [37]ACTION-507: on - Daniel Appelquist - With Noah to
>                    suggest next steps for TAG on privacy - Due:
>                    2011-05-03 - CLOSED
>                  o [38]ACTION-545: on - Ashok Malhotra - Report to TAG,
>                    after privacy workshop, regarding architecture issue
>                    on privacy and especially degree to which use cases
>                    beyond those addressed by "Do Not Track" need
>                    attention - Due: 2011-05-03 - CLOSED
>                  o Earlier background:
>                       # IETF/W3C Privacy workshop was held at MIT 8-98
>                         December 2011. "Action Items" for W3C were
>                         proposed. See: [39]Action items (PDF - may need
>                         rotating) collected at IETF/W3C Privacy Workshop
>                         wrapup
>                       # [40]ACTION-264: on - Ashok Malhotra - Draft
>                         agenda item for upcoming telcon discussion of
>                         geolocation and privacy - Due: 2009-08-04 -
>                         CLOSED
>                       # [41]ACTION-290: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Write to
>                         Geolocation WG saying "we have concern that the
>                         spec does not say enough user privacy" - Due:
>                         2009-07-30 - CLOSED
>                       # [42]ACTION-408: on - Daniel Appelquist - Look
>                         into next steps on a workshop around device APIs,
>                         privacy etc. with tlr - Due: 2010-03-31 - CLOSED
>                       # [43]ACTION-506: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Noah to
>                         bring proposed W3C Actions on Privacy before the
>                         TAG - TLR to report back to IETF - Due:
>                         2011-01-11 - CLOSED
>                       # Papers from earlier IETF/W3C workshop on privacy
>                         were at
>                         [44]http://www.iab.org/about/workshops/privacy/Pr
>                         ivacy_Workshop_Papers.zip but that link appears
>                         not to work any more ([45]ACTION-490: on - Noah
>                         Mendelsohn - Noah and others(?) going to privacy
>                         workshop to report back to the TAG? - Due:
>                         2010-12-21 - CLOSED) ([46]ACTION-506: on - Noah
>                         Mendelsohn - Noah to bring proposed W3C Actions
>                         on Privacy before the TAG - TLR to report back to
>                         IETF - Due: 2011-01-11 - CLOSED)
>       7. Overdue Action Items:
>             + [47]Overdue actions in [48]Tracker
>       8. Pending Review Items:
>             + [49]Pending review actions in [50]Tracker
>       9. Any other business
>        _________________________________________________________
>
>        [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Jun/0007.html
>        [31] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2011Mar/0022
>        [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/545
>        [33] http://www.w3.org/2011/track-privacy/report
>        [34] http://www.w3.org/2011/track-privacy/report
>        [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/460
>        [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/550
>        [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/507
>        [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/545
>        [39]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Dec/att-0061/ActionItems_Workshop.pdf
>        [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/264
>        [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/290
>        [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/408
>        [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/506
>        [44]
> http://www.iab.org/about/workshops/privacy/Privacy_Workshop_Papers.zip
>        [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/490
>        [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/506
>        [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
>        [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
>        [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
>        [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
>
>
>       Noah Mendelsohn for the TAG
>       $Revision: 1.1 $ of $Date: 2011/06/22 14:23:36 $
>
>      [51]Valid XHTML 1.1
>
>        [51] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
>
>
>
>
Received on Monday, 27 June 2011 18:34:17 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:36 GMT