W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > June 2011

Agenda for the TAG Teleconference of 16 June 2011

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 00:02:01 -0400
Message-ID: <4DF98039.6080505@arcanedomain.com>
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
CC: Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org>
The agenda for the TAG teleconference of 16 June 2011 is now available at 
[1,2] and in text-only form below. Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/16-agenda

====================================================================

    [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: [3]6-8 June 2011 (F2F) This: [4]16 June
    2011 Next: [5]23 June 2011

       [1] http://www.w3.org/
       [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/06-agenda
       [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/16-agenda
       [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/23-agenda

                Agenda of 16 June 2011 TAG Teleconference

    Nearby: [6]Teleconference details - [7]issues list - [8]open actions
    - [9]pending review actions - [10]www-tag archive - [11]tag archive
     1. Convene
           + Chair: Noah Mendelsohn, Scribe: Henry Thompson
             (unconfirmed)
           + Roll call -- Regrets: none
           + Future regrets: none
           + Agenda Review - [12]this agenda
           + Next Meeting: 2 June 2011?, Chair: Noah Mendelsohn
           + Future scribes: Jeni Tennison, Henry Thompson, Peter Linss
     2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
           + [13]6-8 June 2011 (F2F)
     3. Administrative items
           + Reminder: summer telcons will be likely be held on the
             following dates:
                o Probable: 14 July, 21 July, 4 August
                o Probably not: 28 July, 11 August, 18 August, 25 August
                  (the chair would like to meet on one more of those
                  August dates, but we would have low attendance)
                o [14]Spreadsheet showing summer regrets (member-only,
                  .xls format)
           + The autumn F2F will be 13-15 September in Edinburgh, UK
           + The TAG will meet 4-6 January 2012 at the W3C offices at
             MIT in Cambridge, MA
           + TAG members are to hold open the week of 2 April 2012 for
             likely F2F meeting at the W3C offices at Sophia-Antipolis,
             France (timed to follow Paris IETF meetings the previous
             week)
     4. [15]ISSUE-35 (RDFinXHTML-35-27): Microdata / RDFa relationship
           + Goals:
                o Decide whether to provide feedback to the HTML WG
                  and/or RDFa working groups on microdata or RDFa
           + Background:
                o We will discuss [16]e-mail from Jeni Tennison with
                  draft proposal of TAG position (member-only until
                  reviewed by the TAG)
                o [17]ACTION-571: on - Jeni Tennison - Write up comments
                  on microdata and RDFa - Due: 2011-06-15 - OPEN
                o [18]Discussion at 8 June TAG F2F
     5. RFC 3023bis and IRI
           + Goals:
                o Discuss coordination of technical issues relating to
                  emerging drafts for RFC 3023bis and IRI
                o Decide whether TAG should be actively involved in
                  resolving any of these issues
           + Background:
                o Henry [19]provides details of issues to be considered.
                  The following is adapted from Henry's note:
                     # [20]RFC 3023bis and fragment identifiers -- We
                       discussed this a year ago ([21]minutes) and came
                       to a conclusion, which Noah took to
                       [22]ACTION-441 to convey to the 3023 editors.
                       There was [23]substantial pushback. Jonathan
                       [24]reported on our further discussion to the
                       3023 editors, setting out a number of alternative
                       ways forward. Chris Lilley [25]replied stating a
                       preference for option 2. But nothing has
                       happened. . . Time to put a TAG push behind a new
                       draft of 3023bis?
                     # 3023bis and Processor Profiles -- The XML
                       Processing Model WG has produced a [26]Last Call
                       WD for XML Processing Profiles. Would 3023bis be
                       the architecturally correct place to connect this
                       to XML itself?
                     # IRIbis and HTML5 'URIs' -- The HTML WG has
                       removed all reference to 3987bis, but the IRI WG
                       is exploring ways to get back in (the following
                       is quoted from
                       [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ir
                       i/2011May/0026.html):
       "In March 2011, the W3C's HTML WG made a decision to close
        ISSUE-56 when the parties involved could not come to agreement
        on aligning HTML5 with the IRI WG's revisions to RFC 3987:

       [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
       [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues
       [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
       [9] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
      [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
      [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/16-agenda
      [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/06-agenda
      [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/coordination/Summer2011Availability.xls
      [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/35
      [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2011Jun/0021.html
      [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/571
      [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/08-minutes.html#item06
      [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Jun/0005.html
      [20] http://www.w3.org/2006/02/son-of-3023/latest.html
      [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/06/9-minutes.html#item03
      [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/441
      [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/449
      [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/476
      [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Nov/0095.html
      [26] http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-xml-proc-profiles-20110412/
      [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-iri/2011May/0026.html

       "http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0404.htm
l

       "That decision effectively removed the HTML5 specification's
        dependency on rfc3987bis.  It appears that this was done so
        that the HTML5 specification could define how to translate
        input strings contained in text/html documents into URIs.

        . . .

       "However, our understanding is that ISSUE-56 can be reopened if
        new information emerges, such as "IETF completing production of
        a document suitable as a formal reference".  And of course as
        chairs of the IRI WG we would like to deliver such a document."
                o [28]Paul Grosso notes: Also related to IRIbis is the
                  XML Core desire to be able to reference it normatively
                  from the XML and related specs for the definition of
                  LEIRIs as recorded at
                  [29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-cor
                  e-wg/2011Mar/0022 among other places.
     6. [30]ACTION-545: Privacy
           + Note: this was a F2F session that we never got to  Ashok
             Malhotra had agreed to lead it
           + Goals:
                o Review the [31]Report of the W3C Workshop on Web
                  Tracking and User Privacy (required reading)
                o We will focus primarily, but not exclusively on "Do
                  Not Track" proposals
                o Decide how the TAG will engage in privacy-related work
                  for the remainder of 2011
           + Background:
                o [32]Report of the W3C Workshop on Web Tracking and
                  User Privacy (required reading)
                o [33]ACTION-460: on - Daniel Appelquist - Coordinate
                  with IAB regarding next steps on privacy policy - Due:
                  2011-05-24 - OPEN
                o [34]ACTION-550: on - Daniel Appelquist - With help
                  from Noah to plan TAG work on privacy, leading to
                  session at F2F, next step is contact with TLR - Due:
                  2011-05-12 - OPEN
                o [35]ACTION-507: on - Daniel Appelquist - With Noah to
                  suggest next steps for TAG on privacy - Due:
                  2011-05-03 - CLOSED
                o [36]ACTION-545: on - Ashok Malhotra - Report to TAG,
                  after privacy workshop, regarding architecture issue
                  on privacy and especially degree to which use cases
                  beyond those addressed by "Do Not Track" need
                  attention - Due: 2011-05-03 - CLOSED
                o Earlier background:
                     # IETF/W3C Privacy workshop was held at MIT 8-98
                       December 2011. "Action Items" for W3C were
                       proposed. See: [37]Action items (PDF - may need
                       rotating) collected at IETF/W3C Privacy Workshop
                       wrapup
                     # [38]ACTION-264: on - Ashok Malhotra - Draft
                       agenda item for upcoming telcon discussion of
                       geolocation and privacy - Due: 2009-08-04 -
                       CLOSED
                     # [39]ACTION-290: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Write to
                       Geolocation WG saying "we have concern that the
                       spec does not say enough user privacy" - Due:
                       2009-07-30 - CLOSED
                     # [40]ACTION-408: on - Daniel Appelquist - Look
                       into next steps on a workshop around device APIs,
                       privacy etc. with tlr - Due: 2010-03-31 - CLOSED
                     # [41]ACTION-506: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Noah to
                       bring proposed W3C Actions on Privacy before the
                       TAG - TLR to report back to IETF - Due:
                       2011-01-11 - CLOSED
                     # Papers from earlier IETF/W3C workshop on privacy
                       were at
                       [42]http://www.iab.org/about/workshops/privacy/Pr
                       ivacy_Workshop_Papers.zip but that link appears
                       not to work any more ([43]ACTION-490: on - Noah
                       Mendelsohn - Noah and others(?) going to privacy
                       workshop to report back to the TAG? - Due:
                       2010-12-21 - CLOSED) ([44]ACTION-506: on - Noah
                       Mendelsohn - Noah to bring proposed W3C Actions
                       on Privacy before the TAG - TLR to report back to
                       IETF - Due: 2011-01-11 - CLOSED)
     7. Overdue Action Items:
           + [45]Overdue actions in [46]Tracker
     8. Pending Review Items:
           + [47]Pending review actions in [48]Tracker
     9. Any other business
      _________________________________________________________

      [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Jun/0007.html
      [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2011Mar/0022
      [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/545
      [31] http://www.w3.org/2011/track-privacy/report
      [32] http://www.w3.org/2011/track-privacy/report
      [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/460
      [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/550
      [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/507
      [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/545
      [37] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Dec/att-0061/ActionItems_Workshop.pdf
      [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/264
      [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/290
      [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/408
      [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/506
      [42] 
http://www.iab.org/about/workshops/privacy/Privacy_Workshop_Papers.zip
      [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/490
      [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/506
      [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
      [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
      [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


     Noah Mendelsohn for the TAG
     $Revision: 1.1 $ of $Date: 2011/06/16 04:00:08 $

    [49]Valid XHTML 1.1

      [49] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Thursday, 16 June 2011 04:02:32 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:35 GMT