RE: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 14:38:53 -0800
To: "Eric J. Bowman" <eric@bisonsystems.net>, "nathan@webr3.org" <nathan@webr3.org>
CC: "ashok.malhotra@oracle.com" <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>, Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>, Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
I don't see how using a URI instead of media type name of the
form  x/y (text/html or image/svg+xml or whatever) helps solve
any problem at all.

How is the world any different if everyone uses

http://media-type-registry.w3.org/text/html

instead of

text/html

except that web protocols need to send more bytes around?

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net