W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > December 2011

Agenda for the TAG teleconference of 22 December 2012

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 22:25:20 -0500
Message-ID: <4EF151A0.5070409@arcanedomain.com>
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
CC: Amy van der Hiel <amy@w3.org>, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
The agenda for the TAG teleconference of 22 December 2012 is available at 
[1,2], and in text-only form below.

Please note that there will be no teleconference next week on 29 December. 
The next meeting of the TAG will therefore be the F2F on 4-6 January 2012, 
in Cambridge, MA [3].

Thank you, and happy holidays!

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/22-agenda
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly
[3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/04-agenda

==================================================================

    [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: [3]15 December 2011 This: [4]22 December
    2011 Next: [5]4-6 January 2012 (F2F)

       [1] http://www.w3.org/
       [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/15-agenda
       [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/22-agenda
       [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/04-agenda

              Agenda of 22 December 2011 TAG Teleconference

    Nearby: [6]Teleconference details - [7]issues list - [8]open actions
    - [9]pending review actions - [10]www-tag archive - [11]tag archive
     1. Convene
           + Chair: Noah Mendelsohn, Scribe: Larry Masinter (confirmed)
           + Roll call -- Regrets: Jeni Tennison, Yves Lafon
           + Future regrets: Henry Thompson (4-6 January 2012)
           + Agenda Review - [12]this agenda
           + Next Meeting: 4-6 January 2012 (F2F), Chair: Noah
             Mendelsohn
           + Future scribes: Peter Linss - > Dan Appelquist - > Yves
             Lafon
     2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
           + [13]15 December 2011
     3. Administrative items
           + F2F:
                o [14]Local arrangements page now available. Work on
                  [15]agenda has started.
                o Proposal for TAG nominees to listen in as agreed to
                  last week — Noah has sent [16]e-mail with an
                  invitation
           + TAG Election: Ian has [17]announced the slate of
             candidates:
                o Glenn Adams
                o Robin Berjon
                o Henry Thompson (incumbent)
             The vote closes 23:59, Boston time on 2012-01-09, which is
             a few days after the end of the upcoming TAG F2F.
     4. [18]ISSUE-50 (URNsAndRegistries-50): Persistent references
           + Goals:
                o Revew [19]draft product page from Henry
                o Debrief on the [20]workshop on domain names and
                  persistence at the [21]7th International Digital
                  Curation Conference
           + Background:
                o [22]ACTION-528: on - Henry Thompson - Create and get
                  consensus on a product page and tracker product page
                  for persistence of names - Due: 2011-11-29 - PENDING
                  REVIEW
                o [23]Discussion at the Sept. 2011 F2F in Edinburgh
                o Earlier background:
                     # E-mail from Jonathan Rees [24]Persistence at Sept
                       2011 TAG F2F (required reading)
                     # E-mail from Henry Thompson [25]suggesting
                       consideration of a possible workshop on domain
                       persistence at the [26]7th International Digital
                       Curation Conference
                     # [27]ACTION-478: on - Jonathan Rees - Prepare a
                       second draft of a finding on persistence of
                       references, to be based on decision tree from
                       Oct. 2010 F2F - Due: 2011-08-09 - OPEN
                     # [28]ACTION-477: on - Henry Thompson - Organize
                       meeting on persistence of domains - Due:
                       2011-08-10 - OPEN
                     # See also [29]agenda item on Persistent References
                       from 6-8 June 2011 F2F (as best the chair can
                       determine, this was on the agenda for June, but
                       not discussed due to time constraints)
                     # [30]Jonathan requests opportunity for F2F
                       discussion and lists potential discussion topics
                     # [31]Discussion at Feb. 2011 F2F
                     # [32]ACTION-444: on - Jonathan Rees - Draft a
                       white paper on link persistence - Due: 2010-10-11
                       - CLOSED
                     # [33]ACTION-414: on - Henry S. Thompson - Prepare
                       a draft agenda, including goals and means, for a
                       proposed afternoon session with invited guests,
                       and circulate for discussion prior to a decision,
                       on the subject of addressing the persistence of
                       domain names - Due: 2010-06-01 - CLOSED
                     # [34]June 2010 F2F discussion of domain name
                       persistence; [35]October 2010 F2F discussion of
                       domain name persistence
     5. [36]ISSUE-57 (HttpRedirections-57), [37]ISSUE-63
        (metadataArchitecture-63) and [38]ISSUE-14 (HttpRange-14) : URI
        Definition Discovery; Metadata Architecture
           + Goals:
                o Review Jonathan Rees' proposed [39]baseline draft and
                  [40]proposal for a call for change proposals to that
                  baseline (see [41]announcement e-mail from Jonathan
                o Review [42]proposed product page for TAG work on URI
                  Definition Discovery
           + Background:
                o Jonathan Rees has proposd a new [43]plan for
                  re-resolving httpRange-14 and asks for TAG
                  consideration of his proposal.
                o Draft product page: [44]URI Definition Discovery
                o [45]ACTION-624: on - Jonathan Rees - Draft for TAG
                  consideration a call for httpRange-14 change proposals
                  - Due: 2011-12-31 - PENDING REVIEW
                o [46]ACTION-625: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule
                  followup discussion of
                  http://www.w3.org/wiki/HttpRange14Options (per
                  agreement in Santa Clara) - Due: 2011-12-21 - PENDING
                  REVIEW
                o [47]ACTION-589: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Work with
                  Jonathan to update URI definition discovery product
                  page Due: 2011-08-18 - Due: 2011-12-20 - OPEN
                o Earlier background:
                     # [48]Interoperability of referential uses of
                       hashless URIs by Jonathan Rees ([49]announcement
                       email)
                     # [50]Providing and discovering definitions of
                       URIs: Editor's Draft 25 June 2011 by Jonathan
                       Rees ([51]announcement email) — required reading
                     # [52]Information Resources and Web Metadata:
                       Editor's Draft 25 June 2011 by Jonathan Rees
                       ([53]announcement email) — required reading
                     # [54]Wiki page on httpRange-14 history (optional
                       reading)
                     # [55]A diagram explaining "metadata", from
                       Jonathan Rees
                     # [56]ACTION-201: on - Jonathan Rees - Report on
                       status of AWWSW discussions - Due: 2011-12-28 -
                       OPEN
                     # [57]ACTION-282: on - Jonathan Rees - Draft a
                       finding on metadata architecture. - Due:
                       2011-11-08 - OPEN
                     # [58]ACTION-413: on - Dan Connolly - Suggest a
                       path thru some logic terminology that might speed
                       up httpSemantics discussions - Due: 2010-05-07 -
                       CLOSED
                     # [59]ACTION-587: on - Jonathan Rees - Prepare
                       issue-57 and issue-63 documents for TAG members
                       to discuss at Sept F2F - Due: 2011-10-11 - CLOSED
     6. Security Issues with Certificate Authorities
           + Goals:
                o Decide whether the TAG should investigate the
                  implications for the Web of security issues with
                  Certificate Authorities and management of certs.
           + Background:
                o [60]E-mail from Harry Halpin suggesting that
                  CA-related security issues merit attention from the
                  TAG
                o [61]Noah Mendelsohn and [62]Tim Berners-Lee agree that
                  this is an important challenge to the Web, and that
                  the TAG should consider it
     7. Pending Review Items:
           + [63]Pending review actions in [64]Tracker
     8. Overdue Action Items:
           + [65]Overdue actions in [66]Tracker
     9. Any other business
      _________________________________________________________

       [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
       [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues
       [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
       [9] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
      [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
      [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/22-agenda
      [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/15-minutes
      [14] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2011Dec/0004.html
      [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/04-agenda
      [16] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2011Dec/0032.html
      [17] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2011OctDec/0048.html
      [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/50
      [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/persistence.html
      [20] http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc11/workshops
      [21] http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc11
      [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/528
      [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/14-minutes.html#item03
      [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Sep/0009.html
      [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Sep/0011.html
      [26] http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc11
      [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/478
      [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/477
      [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/06-agenda#persistence
      [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Jun/0009.html
      [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/02/09-minutes#item06
      [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/444
      [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/414
      [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/06/07-minutes.html#item04
      [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/10/20-minutes#item01
      [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/57
      [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/63
      [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/14
      [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/uddp/
      [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/uddp/cp-call.txt
      [41] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0081.html
      [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/defininguris.html
      [43] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Nov/0034.html
      [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/defininguris.html
      [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/624
      [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/625
      [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/589
      [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/referential-use.html
      [49] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Aug/0097.html
      [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/awwsw/issue57/20110625/
      [51] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011May/0088.html
      [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/awwsw/ir/20110625/
      [53] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011May/0040.html
      [54] http://www.w3.org/wiki/HttpRange14Webography
      [55] http://odontomachus.wordpress.com/2011/02/21/the-place-of-metadata/
      [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/201
      [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/282
      [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/413
      [59] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/587
      [60] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0083.html
      [61] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0087.html
      [62] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0093.html
      [63] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
      [64] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [65] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue?sort=owner
      [66] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


     Noah Mendelsohn for the TAG
     $Revision: 1.1 $ of $Date: 2011/12/21 03:22:23 $

    [67]Valid XHTML 1.1

      [67] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Wednesday, 21 December 2011 03:25:54 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:44 GMT