W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > August 2011

Re: Agenda for the TAG teleconference of 1 Sept 2011

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:21:37 -0400
Message-ID: <4E5D8CA1.40705@arcanedomain.com>
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>, Norm Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
CC: Amy van der Hiel <amy@w3.org>, "Phillips, Addison" <addison@lab126.com>
Late addition to the agenda: discussion of ACTION-590 regarding Unicode 
normalization [1]. The goal for Thursday is primarily to decide whether 
this needs attention at the F2F, or whether we can assign an action for a 
TAG member to prepare a draft response instead.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/01-agenda#unicode

On 8/30/2011 9:09 PM, Noah Mendelsohn wrote:
> (RESENDING: with text-only version appended)
>
> The agenda for the TAG teleconference of 1 Sept. 2011 is now available at
> [1,2], and in text-only form below. Please read the rest of this note
> before reviewing the agenda.
>
> Although there are a couple of high priority items scheduled first, the
> main focus of this call will be review of the draft agenda [3] for our F2F.
> I will attempt to ensure that at least the latter 45 minutes of the call
> are available for that.
>
> Two other substantive items are scheduled first, and each will be held to a
> strict maximum of 20 minutes:
>
> * First, Norm Walsh will be joining us. He is seeking guidance regarding
> possible publication of [4]. He's waited patiently through our Aug. break,
> so I want to see if we can do something on this ahead of the F2F.
>
> * Jeni has asked for guidance on the RDFa/Microdata work, and that too is
> urgent.
>
> If either of these exceeds 15-20 mins, we will stop wherever we are, and
> pick up at the F2F or in late Sept. as appropriate.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Noah
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/01-agenda
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly
> [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/13-agenda
> [4] http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/snapshot/report
>
> ===========================================================================
>
> [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: [3]11 August 2011 This: [4]1 September
> 2011 Next: [5]13-15 Sept. 2011 (F2F)
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
> [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/08/11-agenda
> [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/01-agenda
> [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/13-agenda
>
> Agenda of 1 September 2011 TAG Teleconference
>
> Nearby: [6]Teleconference details - [7]issues list - [8]open actions
> - [9]pending review actions - [10]www-tag archive - [11]tag archive
> 1. Convene
> + Chair: Noah Mendelsohn, Scribe: Dan Appelquest
> (unconfirmed)
> + Roll call -- Regrets: none
> + Agenda Review - [12]this agenda
> + Next Meeting: 13-15 September 2011 (F2F - Edinburgh),
> Chair: Noah Mendelsohn
> + Future scribes: Jeni Tennison - > Henry Thompson - > Peter
> Linss
> 2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
> + [13]11 August 2011
> 3. Administrative items
> + Please sign up for scribing slots at the F2F by editing
> [14]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/F2FScribing.html in
> CVS (same procedure as last time)
> 4. [15]ISSUE-67 (HTML-XML-Divergence-67): HTML / XML Unification
> + Norm Walsh will be joining us by phone for this session
> + Note: due to the need for F2F planning, we can afford a
> maximum of 20 minutes on this topic. Any discussion going
> beyond that point will be deferred to the F2F.
> + Goals:
> o Decide whether to recommend publication of
> [16]HTML/XML Task Force Report W3C Editor's Draft
> (with revision marks) 15 August 2011 as a Note from
> the HTML/XML Unification Task Force
> o Decide whether further effort is required by the TAG
> regarding HTML / XML Unification at this time  if so
> set goals, perhaps do product page
> + Background:
> o [17]HTML/XML Task Force Report W3C Editor's Draft
> (with revision marks) 15 August 2011
> o [18]ACTION-437: on - Tim Berners-Lee - Create a task
> force on XML / HTML convergence - Due: 2011-06-01 -
> CLOSED
> o Norm Walsh is chairing a group under the TAG's
> auspices ([19]mailing list)
> o See also:
> # [20]Polyglot Markup: HTML-Compatible XHTML
> Documents (part of HTML5 Last Call)
> # [21]Note from T.V. Raman (3 May 2010)
> # [22]ACTION-433: on - Tim Berners-Lee - Help Tim
> get in touch with staff etc. re XML/HTML
> unification - Due: 2010-05-28 - CLOSED
> # [23]ACTION-427: on - John Kemp - Read 4
> distributed extensibility proposals and summarize
> them w.r.t. proposals TAG has discussed to date -
> Due: 2010-11-01 - CLOSED
> # Discussion on 7 June 2010 F2F: [24]"TAG
> recommends the formation of a task force to drive
> the reunification of XML and HTML"
> # [25]September/October 2010 HMTL WG poll on
> distributed extensibility
> # [26]TAG endorses "like SVG" extension mechanism
> for HTML5
> 5. [27]HTML5 Review: Microdata/RDFa
> + Note: due to the need for F2F planning, we can afford a
> maximum of 20 minutes on this topic. Any discussion going
> beyond that point will be deferred to the F2F.
> + Goals:
> o Decide whether Microdata/RDFa task force remains the
> most appropriate approach to helping the community
> resolve the overlap between these technologies
> o If the TAG will have ongoing involvement, establish
> goals, target dates, assignments, etc., and capture in
> a product page (there are currently no open ACTIONs on
> this)
> + Background:
> o TAG [28]e-mail raising last-call issues on Microdata
> and RDFa.
> o [29]Discussion on 21 July 2011
> 6. Planning for Sept. 2011 F2F < NOTE: THIS IS THE TOP PRIORITY
> FOR THIS TELECONFERENCE
> + Goals:
> o Review and refine the [30]preliminary agenda for the
> 13-15 September 2011 TAG F2F (Edinburgh)
> + Background:
> o [31]Updated TAG Work Plan page
> o Discussion on [32]4 Aug 2011 and [33]11 Aug 2011
> o [34]Chair's note on planning for technical content of
> the F2F
> o [35]Updated TAG Work Plan page
> o [36]ACTION-568: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Draft note for
> Jeff Jaffe listing 5 top TAG priorities as trackable
> items. - Due: 2011-07-26 - PENDING REVIEW
> 7. [37]ACTION-510: RDF URI mappings in the HTML5 microdata
> + Goals:
> o Consider the [38]response from the HTML5 Editor (Ian
> Hixie) to [39]Tim's note expressing concern about the
> planned [40]URIs generated from microdata mappings in
> the HTML5 draft specifications
> o Decide whether the [41]decision of the HTML editor to
> drop the section in question renders the TAG's concern
> moot.
> + Background:
> o [42]ACTION-510: on - Tim Berners-Lee - Write a note
> conveying the TAG's concerns re: the microdata -> RDF
> URI mappings in the HTML5 microdata draft Due:
> 2011-01-20 - Due: 2011-04-26 - CLOSED
> o [43]ACTION-580: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule
> discussion (on 4 Aug 2011) of resonses to TAG concerns
> expressed under ACTION-510, e.g.
> [44]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/20
> 11May/0364.html - Due: 2011-08-02 - PENDING REVIEW
> 8. Overdue Action Items:
> + [45]Overdue actions in [46]Tracker
> 9. Pending Review Items:
> + [47]Pending review actions in [48]Tracker
> 10. Any other business
> _________________________________________________________
>
> [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
> [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues
> [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
> [9] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
> [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
> [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
> [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/01-agenda
> [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/08/11-minutes
> [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/F2FScribing.html
> [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/67
> [16] http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/snapshot/report.html
> [17] http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/snapshot/
> [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/437
> [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-xml/
> [20] http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-html-polyglot-20110525/
> [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-forum/2010AprJun/0073.html
> [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/433
> [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/427
> [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/01-agenda
> [25] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-41-objection-poll/results
> [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Oct/0034.html
> [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/products/6
> [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Jun/0136.html
> [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/07/21-minutes#item03
> [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/13-agenda.html
> [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/
> [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/08/04-minutes
> [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/08/11-minutes
> [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Aug/0001.html
> [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/
> [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/568
> [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/510
> [38] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011May/0364.html
> [39] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011May/0336.html
> [40] http://dev.w3.org/html5/md/#examples
> [41] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Aug/0047.html
> [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/510
> [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/580
> [44] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011May/0364.html
> [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue?sort=owner
> [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
> [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
> [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
>
>
> Noah Mendelsohn for the TAG
> $Revision: 1.1 $ of $Date: 2011/08/31 00:55:09 $
>
> [49]Valid XHTML 1.1
>
> [49] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
>
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 31 August 2011 01:22:09 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:39 GMT