Re: ACTION-521: Taking "Disposition of Names in an XML Namespace" to Recommendation

Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com> writes:
> Norm: as editor of this, do you have any recommendations? I'm also
> cc:'ing Dan Connolly, on the chance that he'd remember something about
> this that I've forgotten. I'm also copying Ian so that he'll have
> every opportunity to chastise me for allowing our group to go years
> without updating this draft.

My (hazy) recollection is that the TAG was feeling like it should
publish Recommendations. The Names in a Namespace finding looked like
a good target because it was short and finished and probably not too
controversial.

> For now, I'll bump the date on my action a couple of weeks to allow
> for discussion, and then schedule telcon or F2F discussion, where we
> can take the needed formal decision.

If the TAG decides to take it foward, I'm happy to remain editor. But
my feelings won't be hurt if you decide to appoint a current TAG
member as the editor. Just doing what I can to be helpful.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | [They] say the Earth is flat, but I