Re: mime-web-info

From: Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@isode.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:43:45 +0100
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
CC: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>, Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>, Philippe Le Hégaret <plh@w3.org>, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
Julian Reschke wrote:

> On 23.09.2010 03:49, Larry Masinter wrote:
>
>> re "... interaction between content types, file extensions, and
>> content-encodings ..."
>>
>> The document (now at
>> http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-masinter-mime-web-info-00.txt or
>> http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-masinter-mime-web-info-00.pdf )
>>
>> does say some things about file extensions, but not about content
>> encodings. Are there more
>> issues to raise? Other documents/recommendations/standards/processes
>> that you think need
>> to be reviewed?
>
> Should this document mention the confusion about default charsets
> varying for mail, HTTP, etc. Like HTTP overriding MIME, but the XML
> media type documents overriding them both?

Yes, this is another issue that will need to be sorted out.

Should this document be presented/discussed in the Apps Area meeting
during IETF in Beijing? I think it should.