Re: Generic processing of Fragment IDs in RFC 3023bis

Roy Fielding writes:

> Where ambiguity might be present, bare name fragments always refer to the semantics defined by the specific media type.

My impression is that Norm's preference is:

Where ambiguity might be present, bare name fragments always refer to the
semantics defined for generic processing per 3023bis;  thus the semantics
for each specific media type SHOULD be the same as the generic, at least
insofar as the syntax overlaps.

Have I misunderstood you, Norm?

Noah