Re: "tdb" and "duri" URI schemes...

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 09:31:59 +0000
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
CC: Graham Klyne <GK-lists@ninebynine.org>, Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
Larry Masinter wrote:
> Almost all of the use cases for tdb I can think of need a timestamp,
> even when the description isn't varying (such as with data:).

agree, but also see a big need for the non-dated semantic indirection on
the web, especially in linked data territories, thus looking for some
way to make that possible, without another 5-10 year lead time.

> And duri with data: doesn't make sense to me.

Likewise to some extent, however, with duri:

   duri:2010:tdb:data:,The%20US%20president

and non temporally bound:

   tdb:data:,The%20US%20president

Regardless of this though, definitely need fragments in the URIs,
encoded or not.

Thanks again for your time and consideration, Best,

Nathan