W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > March 2010

Draft Agenda of 24-26 March 2010

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 20:56:27 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org, Paul Cotton <paul.cotton@microsoft.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Cc: amy@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF20B66376.2EC690E5-ON852576EC.00045204-852576EC.0004CD90@lotus.com>
A first more or less complete draft of an agenda for next week's TAG F2F 
is available at [1,2] and in text-only form below.  This still needs some 
proofreading by me, and it has yet to be reviewed by other TAG members, so 
at least minor changes are likely.  Note that the schedule is very full, 
so we'll have to make good progress if we want to get to everything. Also: 
 I'm hoping that, between now and the meeting, TAG members and the HTML WG 
chairs will help me prepare a short list of topics that we'd like to 
discuss when the HTML chairs join us.  Maybe or maybe not such discussions 
will take the place of TAG-only discussions scheduled on related topics.

Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/03/24-agenda.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly

--------------------------------------
Noah Mendelsohn 
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
1-617-693-4036
--------------------------------------


   [1]W3C | [2]TAG

      [1] http://www.w3.org/
      [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/

        W3C TAG meeting 24-26 March 2010 in Cambridge, MA, USA

   Nearby: [3]issues list - [4]findings - [5]www-tag archive - [6]tag
   archive - Actions: ([7]open, [8]pending review) - [9]logistics

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings
      [5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
      [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
      [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
      [9] 
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/03/24-f2f-local-arrangements.html

Agenda Summary

   Wednesday 24 March
   Agenda
   08:00-9:00 Arrive & Set up
   The [10]meeting room will be available. Please have your computers
   and network connections set up for a prompt start at 9AM.
   09:00-09:30
     * [11]Convene, review agenda

     [10] 
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/03/12-f2f-local-arrangements.html#room

   09:30-10:30
     * [12]Joint session w/HTML WG Chairs

   10:30-10:45 Break
   10:45-12:00
     * [13]Joint session w/HTML WG Chairs (continued)

   12:00-13:00 Lunch
   13:00-14:00
     * [14]HTML5 Doctypes, Media-types, & support for older versions

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/03/oldHTML

   14:00-15:00
     * [15]Security, Policy & privacy (with Thomas Roessler)

   15:00-15:15 Break
   15:15-16:00
     * [16]ISSUE-27: Promoting IRIs - Closing ISSUE-27

   16:00-17:00
     * [17]Administrative issues:
          + Future F2F meetings
          + TPAC Participation
          + Mailing lists

   Thursday 25 March
   Agenda
   09:00-10:30
     * [18]ISSUE-31: Secrets in URIs

   10:30-10:45 Break
   10:45-12:00
     * [19]ISSUE-24: Content-type override

   12:00-13:15 Lunch with W3C Office Team - Star Conference room, D463
   13:15-14:45
     * [20]ISSUE-54: HTML5 Decentralized Extensibility

   14:45-15:00 Break (15 mins)
   15:00-16:00
     * [21]ISSUE-50: Persistent naming

   16:00-17:00
     * [22]Client-side storage

   Friday 26 March
   Agenda
   09:00-10:00
     * [23]Taxonomy of Web Application Structures

   10:00-11:00
     * [24]Meeting with W3C CEO Jeff Jaffe

   11:00-11:15 Break (15 mins)
   11:15-12:15
     * [25]ISSUE-57: HTTP Semantics & the use of HTTP Redirection

   12:15-13:30 Lunch (75 mins)
   13:30-14:45
     * [26]URIs and Identification for Web Applications

   14:45-15:15 break (30 minutes)
   15:15-16:00
     * [27]Action item review

Logistics

   Venue
          MIT, Stata Center, Room 346
          32 Vassar Street
          Cambidge, MA 02139

   See [28]logistics for further details.

     [28] 
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/03/24-f2f-local-arrangements.html

Preparation

   See "(required reading)" annotations in agenda items below.

Agenda Details

   This is a preliminary list of topics. It is not not in order, is
   somewhat rough and incomplete, etc.
    1. Convene, review agenda
          + Scribes: TAG members are encouraged to sign up by email in
            advance of the meeting
          + Roll call
          + F2F Main Goals: TBD
    2. Joint session w/HTML WG Chairs:
          + On Wed. morning, co-chairs of the HTML WG will join us in
            person to discuss topics of mutual interest.
          + [29]W3C HTML Working Group Status Report (November, 2009 -
            March, 2010)
          + NEED TO GATHER LIST OF TOPICS & CROSS-REFERENCE TAG ACTIONS
          + Some topics to discuss:
               o HTML5 CR Plans
    3. Meeting with Jeff Jaffe:
          + We will have a 60 or 90 minute get acquainted session with
            incoming W3C CEO, Jeff Jaffe. (currently working with
            Marisol to set a time)
          + The overall goal is to introduce the TAG to Jeff,
            understand his interests and priorities, start to explore
            how we can help him to be more effective, etc.
          + Some specific issues TAG members may wish to discuss
            include:
               o The TAG's impact and effectiveness within W3C and on
                 the community as a whole
               o Web security (also noting Jeff's postings on
                 [30]Secure Natural Communications)
    4. HTML 5 review: [31]ISSUE-41 (LanguageVersioning-41): HTML5
       Doctypes, Media-types, & support for older versions
          + [32]Note from Noah to HTML WG chairs: "TAG work on HTML
            Doctypes, Versioning, etc." NOTE: HTML WG has asked for
            input by 23 March, and in Noah's note he suggests TAG will
            attempt to have a response by end of this F2F.
          + [33]ACTION-364: on - Dan Connolly - Ask HTML WG team
            contacts to make a change proposal re issue-53 mediatypereg
            informed by HT's analysis and today's discussion - Due:
            2010-02-25 - PENDING REVIEW
          + [34]ACTION-393: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Update HTML WG
            co-chairs along the lines of ... DOCTYPE... workflow...
            media type.. - Due: 2010-03-09 - PENDING REVIEW
          + [35]Note from Dan reporting some progress
          + HTML WG ISSUES:
               o [36]HTML WG ISSUE 4: HTML Versioning and DOCTYPEs
               o [37]HTML WG ISSUE 53: Need to update media type
                 registrations
    5. HTML 5 review: [38]ISSUE-54 (TagSoupIntegration-54): HTML5
       Decentralized Extensibility
          + (somewhat related) [39]ACTION-113: on - Henry S. Thompson -
            HT to a) revise composition.pdf to take account of
            suggestions from Tim & Jonathan and feedback from email and
            b) produce a new version of the Elaborated Infoset finding,
            possibly incorporating some of the PDF - Due: 2010-03-16 -
            OPEN
          + [40]ACTION-356: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Work with Carine
            Bournez to schedule followup meeting on xmlnames followup
            discussion - Due: 2010-03-27 - OPEN
          + [41]ACTION-357: on - Henry S. Thompson - Elaborate the DPD
            proposal to address comments from #xmlnames and tag f2f
            discussion of 2009-12-10, particularly wrt integration with
            XML specs and wrt motivation - Due: 2010-03-16 - OPEN
          + [42]ACTION-374: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule discussion
            of broader extensibility mechanisms question (including
            this)
            http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2010Jan/004
            3.html - Due: 2010-04-01 - OPEN
          + [43]ACTION-396: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Henry to draft
            emails for NM to send to HTML WG chairs and to Liam+MS
            authors encouraging a change proposal wrt distr.
            extensibility by 23 March - Due: 2010-03-05 - PENDING
            REVIEW ([44]email from Noah to HTML WG chairs)
    6. [45]ISSUE-24: Content-type override
          + [46]ACTION-370: on - Henry S. Thompson - HST to send a
            revised-as-amended version of
            http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Dec/0068.ht
            ml to the HTTP bis list on behalf of the TAG - Due:
            2010-03-09 - OPEN
          + [47]ACTION-376: on - Daniel Appelquist - Send to www-tag a
            pointer to and brief summary of Mobile Web Best Practices
            working group's "Guidelines for Web Content Transformation
            Proxies" and its implications for content sniffing :
            http://www.w3.org/TR/ct-guidelines/ - Due: 2010-03-17 -
            OPEN
          + [48]ACTION-386: on - Larry Masinter - Review
            draft-barth-sniff-4 and send comments, cc TAG - Due:
            2010-04-08 - OPEN
          + [49]ACTION-387: on - Henry S. Thompson - Review JK/NM's
            stuff on sniffing, authoritative metadata, self-describing
            web, incl.
            http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jan/0025.ht
            ml - Due: 2010-03-17 - OPEN
          + [50]ACTION-399: on - John Kemp - Prepare F2F discussion of
            sniffing, being sure to check status of other pertinent
            actions - Due: 2010-03-04 - OPEN
          + Email from Larry Masinter: [51]What is "the type of X" if X
            doesn't have a declared type?
    7. [52]ISSUE-31 (metadatainURI-31): Secrets in URIs
          + Goal of this session: the TAG hopes to frame questions
            relating to secrets in URIs to prepare for review by the
            security community.
          + [53]ACTION-278: on - Jonathan Rees - Draft changes to 2.7
            of Metadata in URIs to cover the "Google Calendar" case -
            Due: 2010-02-07 - CLOSED
          + [54]ACTION-394: on - John Kemp - Compare Noah and Tyler's
            proposals on this subject - Due: 2010-03-17 - OPEN (Why is
            this action associated with tagSoupIntegration? Suggest we
            change to metadataInURI-31)
          + [55]Informal "cheat sheet" from Jonathan Rees on
            [56]ACTION-278 (required reading)
          + [57]Pertinent section of Metadata in URI finding (required
            reading)
          + [58]Mashing with permission (the Web-Key paper) by Tyler
            Close (required reading)
          + [59]Comments on web-keys from Noah & [60]response from
            Tyler and thread that follows (required reading)
          + [61]ACTION-341: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Follow up with
            Thomas about security review activities for HTML5 - Due:
            2010-03-12 - OPEN
    8. HTTP Semantics: [62]ISSUE-57 (HttpRedirections-57): The use of
       HTTP Redirection
          + [63]Email from Jonathan reporting on AWWSW status (required
            reading)
          + [64]ACTION-201: on - Jonathan Rees - Report on status of
            AWWSW discussions - Due: 2010-03-15 - PENDING REVIEW
    9. Web Application Architecture: Taxonomy of Web Application
       Structures
          + [65]ACTION-352: on - John Kemp - Integrate whiteboard
            drawings into a prose document about ways to distribute
            applications - Due: 2010-03-08 - PENDING REVIEW
          + A [66]proposed taxonomy from John Kemp (required reading)
          + [67]ACTION-401: on - Ashok Malhotra - Ask WebApps working
            group to review John Kemp's taxonomy - Due: 2010-03-18 -
            OPEN
   10. Web Application Architecture: Client-side storage
          + [68]ACTION-354: on - Ashok Malhotra - Review client side
            storage apis (web simple storage etc.), looking for
            architectural issues or other critical problems... or
            interesting design features the TAG should know about -
            Due: 2010-03-08 - PENDING REVIEW
          + Emails from Ashok: [69]TAG Action-354 Review client-side
            storage API's and [70]followup email (both required
            reading)
   11. [71]ISSUE-50 (URNsAndRegistries-50): Persistent naming
          + [72]ACTION-351: on - Henry S. Thompson - Look into a
            workshop on persistence... perhaps the June 2010 timeframe
            - Due: 2010-03-16 - OPEN
          + [73]Email from Jonathan summarizing what Henry and Jonathan
            have been discussing regarding persistent HTTP-based naming
            (required reading)
          + [74]ACTION-402: on - Jonathan Rees - Summarize JAR's
            message to HT re HTTP-based naming and put it on the agenda
            - Due: 2010-03-18 - PENDING REVIEW (see [75]email from
            Jonathan)
   12. Web Application Architecture: URIs and Identification for Web
       Applications
          + [76]ACTION-353: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Do just a bit of
            work framing some issues around identification for Ajax
            apps (remembering the merged maps use case) - Due:
            2010-03-08 - PENDING REVIEW
          + Email from Noah: [77]Client-side identification in Ajax
            applications (required reading)
   13. Web Application Architecture: Security, Policy & privacy
          + [78]ACTION-397: on - Ashok Malhotra - Frame F2F discussion
            on geolocation and geopriv, with help from DKA - Due:
            2010-03-10 - PENDING REVIEW
          + [79]Email from Ashok framing discussion on geolocation &
            "geoprivacy" (required reading)
          + [80]IETF Geopriv response to Geolocation last call and
            [81]respnse from geolocation WG. See also [82]concerns from
            John Morris of Center for Democracy and Technology (all
            required reading)
   14. [83]ISSUE-27 (IRIEverywhere-27): Promoting IRIs - Closing
       ISSUE-27
          + [84]ACTION-398: on - Larry Masinter - Prepare plan for
            resolving issue-27 IRIEverywhere for F2F discussion - Due:
            2010-03-10 - PENDING REVIEW
          + [85]Proposal from Larry for closing ISSUE-27 (required
            reading)
          + Larry's note references [86]earlier email from Henry
            Thompson on IRIs, LEIRI, etc. (required reading)
   15. Administrative issues:
          + Future TAG F2F meetings
               o Henry expects to offer Edinburgh as a meeting location
                 in June
          + W3C management [87]solicits (member-only) intentions from
            working groups regarding participation in November TPAC
            (response due 16 April 2010).
          + Mailing lists
   16. Action item review:
          + [88]Pending review actions in [89]Tracker
          + [90]Overdue actions in [91]Tracker
          + [92]Open actions in [93]Tracker
     _________________________________________________________

     [29] http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/2010-03.html
     [30] http://securenaturalcommunications.blogspot.com/
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/41
     [32] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Feb/0145.html
     [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/364
     [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/393
     [35] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Feb/0878.html
     [36] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/4
     [37] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/53
     [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/54
     [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/113
     [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/356
     [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/357
     [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/374
     [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/396
     [44] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Mar/0015.html
     [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/24
     [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/370
     [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/376
     [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/386
     [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/387
     [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/399
     [51] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Mar/0043.html
     [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/31
     [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/278
     [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/394
     [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/02/action-278-notes.txt
     [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/278
     [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/metaDataInURI-31#hideforsecurity
     [58] http://waterken.sourceforge.net/web-key/
     [59] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Feb/0002.html
     [60] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/03/24-agenda.html
     [61] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/341
     [62] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/57
     [63] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Mar/0070.html
     [64] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/201
     [65] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/352
     [66] 
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/03/web-apps-taxonomy/web-apps-taxonomy.html

     [67] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/401
     [68] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/354
     [69] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jan/0008.html
     [70] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Feb/0152.html
     [71] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/50
     [72] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/351
     [73] 
http://www.w3.org/mid/760bcb2a1003171307x17ca9e45h53a0c9589e8fdef7%2540mail.gmail.com

     [74] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/402
     [75] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Mar/0073.html
     [76] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/353
     [77] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Mar/0018.html
     [78] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/397
     [79] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Mar/0022.html
     [80] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2009Aug/0003.html
     [81] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2009Oct/0008.html
     [82] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2010Mar/0007.html
     [83] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/27
     [84] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/398
     [85] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Mar/0037.html
     [86] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Apr/0081.html
     [87] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2010Mar/0009.html
     [88] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
     [89] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
     [90] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
     [91] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
     [92] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
     [93] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


    Noah Mendelsohn for the TAG
    $Revision: 1.27 $ of $Date: 2010/03/20 00:47:47 $

       [94]Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional     [95]Valid CSS!

     [94] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
     [95] http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/check/referer
Received on Saturday, 20 March 2010 00:53:58 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:20 GMT