HyperGrids -- connecting virtual worlds for OpenSim and web arch

From: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 10:25:13 -0500
Cc: Christa Lopez <lopez@ics.ucs.edu>
To: TAG List <www-tag@w3.org>
Interesting to see what connections there should be between web architecture and the hypergrid. Does the hypergrid use URIs? Can I put one in a HTML page and link to a virtual world portal?  Can I link back the other way, putting an arbitrary URI in a link in a virtual world?

"The Hypergrid: An Architecture for a New Web: OpenSim is chartering territory in making Virtual Worlds interoperable with each other and with the Web. At the heart of it there is the Hypergrid, an emerging architecture that allows the seamless transfer of users' agents between grids operated by different entities. While the Hypergrid is coming to life in the context of OpenSim-based 3D Virtual Worlds, its foundations shed a new light into what the Web could be."
-- http://metaverse.stanford.edu/agenda/crista-lopes/crista-lopes

See also http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2009/05/hypergrid-101-why-its-good-for-business/ etc

Is anyone on the TAG following the connections with OpenSim?

Tim BL