Re: web architecture and safe content

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 11:48 PM, Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org> wrote:
> I'm sorry, isn't this exactly what the POWDER architecture is for?
> Have you looked at it?

Thanks. I'll read about POWDER. It looks like a useful technology in
this area. But POWDER seems a relatively new technology (published by
W3C in Sep 2009). It'll be interesting to see, how soon we could see
implementations for it, and how the web uses it in next few years.

> This is a technical list and probably not the best place to talk about
> regulation.

I agree.

Web is certainly tremendously useful, and W3C has developed great
technologies. But now since the whole society is using the web (like
television or a newspaper), I think it the responsibility of our
society to regulate web content in some way. If we want the whole
planet to use the web, without any content regulation and enforcement,
I think that's not entirely the right situation for the society.

I feel, we already have certain regulations (though, it looks
appearing regionally in some countries) which define the web content,
and how people must use the web. But I see almost no societal impact,
of such regulations. These regulations look something, like jumping a
red light on the road! Most of the time, such violations are
undetected, and if detected people get away with minimal penalty.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi