W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > October 2009

Agenda for TAG Teleconference of 8 Oct 2009

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 20:56:10 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF47C8B511.F976BC3E-ON85257649.00049EE0-85257649.0004B84C@lotus.com>
The agenda for the TAG teleconference of 8 Oct. 2009 is now available at 
[1,2], and is attached in text-only form below.  Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/08-agenda

--------------------------------------
Noah Mendelsohn 
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
1-617-693-4036
--------------------------------------

   [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: : [3]1 Oct 2009 Next: 15 Oct 2009

      [1] http://www.w3.org/
      [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/01-agenda

                Agenda of 8 Oct 2009 TAG teleconference

   Nearby: [4]Teleconference details - [5]issues list and [6]Issue
   Tracker ([7]handling new issues) - [8]www-tag archive - [9]tag
   archive
    1. Convene
          + Chair: Noah, Scribe: Dan Connolly (confirmed)
          + Roll call -- Regrets: Ashok Malhotra
          + Note future regrets: Ashok (Oct. 15)
          + Agenda Review - [10]this agenda
          + Next Telcon: 15 October 2009 Chair: Noah; Scribe: Jonathan
            Rees (unconfirmed)
          + Future scribes: Ashok -> John -> Larry
    2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
          + F2F minutes are not yet ready for review -- please submit
            the cleaned up logs ASAP. ([11]Draft minutes for 24 Sept
            are available; Noah [12]reminds Dan and Jonthan that we are
            awaiting drafts for the 23rd and 25th.)
          + Approve [13]minutes of 10 October 2009
    3. Administrative items (Brief)
          + Chair proposes to move TAG TPAC meeting from morning to
            afternoon of Monday session (Nov. 2), to accomodate
            probable early afternoon arrival by Tim
          + Proposal to move Friday TAG TPAC session on Nov. 5 from
            afternoon to morning, to avoid conflict with the TPAC
            [14]Developer Gathering
          + Reminder that a [15]Call for Exclusions has been sent for
            patents relating to the [16]First Public Working Draft of
            our Finding on Usage Patterns For Client-Side URL
            parameters (call for exclusions [17]update). The call for
            exclusions ends 22 October 2009.
          + Reminder of future F2F meetings:
               o 2-6 November 2006 @ [18]W3C Technical Plenary, Santa
                 Clara, CA
               o 8-10 December 2009 @ MIT (Per [19]resolution of 25
                 June 2009 - note that Raman and John Kemp have
                 confirmed the acceptability of this date, though Raman
                 is unsure he'll attend).
               o 17-19 March 2010 @ MIT (per decision at Sept. 2009
                 F2F)
    4. HTML
          + Background:
               o [20]Prioritized list of HTML-related issues,
                 originally developed at Sept. 2009 F2F. (An Open
                 Document Format [21].ods version and an Excel [22].xls
                 version are also available.)
          + Earlier background:
               o Discussion of versioning and HTML at June 2009 TAG F2F
                 ([23]session 1 and [24]session 2)
               o June 2009 F2F discussion of [25]plans to review HTML 5
                 drafts
               o [26]Architectural Considerations for Language
                 Versioning for the Web (Note from Larry Masinter and
                 Jonathan Rees)
               o HTML working group intention to take HTML to W3C Last
                 Call sometime between October and December, 2009 (per
                 [27]note from HTML WG co-chair Sam Ruby)
               o Paul Cotton and Maciej Stchowiak join Sam Ruby as HTML
                 WG co-chairs ([28]announcement)
               o [29]Division of labour for TAG reading the HTML 5
                 draft specification that we [30]agreed to on July 23.
               o Dan Connolly and Michael Sperberg-McQueen draft
                 [31]Web addresses in HTML 5, which is factored from
                 the HTML 5 draft. (see [32]email from Dan announcing
                 the draft). This was discussed on 23 April 2009 and
                 the associated [33]ACTION-253 requesting that Dan
                 brief us was closed.
               o Ian Hickson [34]announces availability of initial
                 drafts of HTML 5 authoring specifications. This is, in
                 part, in response to a [35]suggestion made by Noah in
                 October 2008, shortly after the HTML/TAG joint working
                 group meeting at the Mandelieu Technical Plenary.
               o Larry Masinter [36]announces new draft of
                 [37]Architectural Considerations for Language
                 Versioning for the Web . Chair's [38]response from
                 Noah (member-only).
          + TAG Issues relating to this discussion:
               o [39]ISSUE-20 (errorHandling-20) What should
                 specifications say about error handling? shepherd:
                 Henry Thompson
               o [40]ISSUE-33 (mixedUIXMLNamespace-33) Composability
                 for user interface-oriented XML namespaces (no
                 shepherd)
               o [41]ISSUE-41 (LanguageVersioning-41) What are good
                 practices for designing extensible languages and for
                 handling versioning? shepherd: Larry Masinter
               o [42]ISSUE-54 (TagSoupIntegration-54) Tag soup
                 integration. shepherd: Henry Thompson
          + TAG Actions relating to this discussion:
               o [43]ACTION-299 on T.V. Raman: Notify the TAG when the
                 HTML WG gets closer to closing issue-4 html-versioning
                 - Due: 2009-10-15
               o [44]ACTION-302 on Noah Mendelsohn: Raise (as
                 individual issue) question of 3 words "other
                 applicable specifictions" in 3.2.1 (3.3.1) of HTML 5
                 Due: 2009-10-20
               o [45]ACTION-305 on Noah Mendelsohn: Schedule time at
                 TPAC for joint session with HTML WG - Due: 2009-10-15
                 (see: [46]email from Noah to HTML chairs)
               o [47]ACTION-315 on Dan Connolly: Follow up on best plan
                 for HTML / TPAC Due: 2009-10-02
               o [48]ACTION-316 on Henry Thompson: Henry S. Thompson to
                 draft for tag@w3.org proposed TAG feedback on the
                 text/html media type registration in the 25 September
                 draft of HTML5 Due: 2009-10-02
          + Goals:
               o Continue technical discussion of HTML issues
                 identified at the F2Fn
    5. Pending Review Items:
          + [49]Pending review actions in [50]Tracker
    6. Overdue Action Items:
          + [51]Overdue actions in [52]Tracker
    7. Any other business
     _________________________________________________________

      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
      [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues
      [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.
      [8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
     [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/08-agenda
     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/24-minutes
     [12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Oct/0017.html
     [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/01-minutes
     [14] http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/DevMeeting.html
     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009May/0068.html
     [16] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-hash-in-uri-20090415/
     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Aug/0030.html
     [18] http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/
     [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/25-minutes.html#item03
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/HTMLIssuesRevised.pdf
     [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/HTMLIssues.ods
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/HTMLIssues.xls
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/23-minutes.html#item03
     [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/24-minutes.html#item03
     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/25-minutes.html#item06
     [26] 
http://w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning-html/versioning-html-20090611.html
     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Aug/0058.html
     [28] http://www.w3.org/News/2009#item148
     [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Jul/0026.html
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/07/23-minutes#item03
     [31] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Mar/att-0444/draft.html
     [32] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Mar/0444.html
     [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/253
     [34] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/2009Jun/0016.html
     [35] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/2008Oct/0003.html
     [36] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Aug/0064.html
     [37] http://larry.masinter.net/tag-versioning.html
     [38] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Aug/0037.html
     [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/20
     [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/33
     [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/20
     [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/54
     [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/299
     [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/302
     [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/305
     [46] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Oct/0018.html
     [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/315
     [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/316
     [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
     [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
     [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
     [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


    Noah Mendelsohn for TAG
    $Revision: 1.2 $ of $Date: 2009/10/08 00:52:04 $

   [53]Valid XHTML 1.1

     [53] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Thursday, 8 October 2009 00:54:13 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:17 GMT