W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > October 2009

Re: Agenda for TAG Teleconference of 8 Oct 2009

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 20:59:19 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-ID: <OFBD6B27D4.F67C9E19-ON85257649.0004E08F-85257649.00050212@lotus.com>
Correcting one item on the agenda:

> Proposal to move Friday TAG TPAC session on Nov. 5 from afternoon to
> morning, to avoid conflict with the TPAC Developer Gathering

In fact, the TAPC Developer Gathering is >Thusday< Nov. 5, and our 
proposed TAG session is Friday the 6th, so there is no conflict after all. 
 Sorry for the confusion.


Noah Mendelsohn 
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

Noah Mendelsohn
10/07/2009 08:56 PM
        To:     www-tag@w3.org
        Subject:        Agenda for TAG Teleconference of 8 Oct 2009

The agenda for the TAG teleconference of 8 Oct. 2009 is now available at 
[1,2], and is attached in text-only form below.  Thank you.


[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/08-agenda

Noah Mendelsohn 
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

   [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: : [3]1 Oct 2009 Next: 15 Oct 2009

      [1] http://www.w3.org/
      [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/01-agenda

                Agenda of 8 Oct 2009 TAG teleconference

   Nearby: [4]Teleconference details - [5]issues list and [6]Issue
   Tracker ([7]handling new issues) - [8]www-tag archive - [9]tag
    1. Convene
          + Chair: Noah, Scribe: Dan Connolly (confirmed)
          + Roll call -- Regrets: Ashok Malhotra
          + Note future regrets: Ashok (Oct. 15)
          + Agenda Review - [10]this agenda
          + Next Telcon: 15 October 2009 Chair: Noah; Scribe: Jonathan
            Rees (unconfirmed)
          + Future scribes: Ashok -> John -> Larry
    2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
          + F2F minutes are not yet ready for review -- please submit
            the cleaned up logs ASAP. ([11]Draft minutes for 24 Sept
            are available; Noah [12]reminds Dan and Jonthan that we are
            awaiting drafts for the 23rd and 25th.)
          + Approve [13]minutes of 10 October 2009
    3. Administrative items (Brief)
          + Chair proposes to move TAG TPAC meeting from morning to
            afternoon of Monday session (Nov. 2), to accomodate
            probable early afternoon arrival by Tim
          + Proposal to move Friday TAG TPAC session on Nov. 5 from
            afternoon to morning, to avoid conflict with the TPAC
            [14]Developer Gathering
          + Reminder that a [15]Call for Exclusions has been sent for
            patents relating to the [16]First Public Working Draft of
            our Finding on Usage Patterns For Client-Side URL
            parameters (call for exclusions [17]update). The call for
            exclusions ends 22 October 2009.
          + Reminder of future F2F meetings:
               o 2-6 November 2006 @ [18]W3C Technical Plenary, Santa
                 Clara, CA
               o 8-10 December 2009 @ MIT (Per [19]resolution of 25
                 June 2009 - note that Raman and John Kemp have
                 confirmed the acceptability of this date, though Raman
                 is unsure he'll attend).
               o 17-19 March 2010 @ MIT (per decision at Sept. 2009
    4. HTML
          + Background:
               o [20]Prioritized list of HTML-related issues,
                 originally developed at Sept. 2009 F2F. (An Open
                 Document Format [21].ods version and an Excel [22].xls
                 version are also available.)
          + Earlier background:
               o Discussion of versioning and HTML at June 2009 TAG F2F
                 ([23]session 1 and [24]session 2)
               o June 2009 F2F discussion of [25]plans to review HTML 5
               o [26]Architectural Considerations for Language
                 Versioning for the Web (Note from Larry Masinter and
                 Jonathan Rees)
               o HTML working group intention to take HTML to W3C Last
                 Call sometime between October and December, 2009 (per
                 [27]note from HTML WG co-chair Sam Ruby)
               o Paul Cotton and Maciej Stchowiak join Sam Ruby as HTML
                 WG co-chairs ([28]announcement)
               o [29]Division of labour for TAG reading the HTML 5
                 draft specification that we [30]agreed to on July 23.
               o Dan Connolly and Michael Sperberg-McQueen draft
                 [31]Web addresses in HTML 5, which is factored from
                 the HTML 5 draft. (see [32]email from Dan announcing
                 the draft). This was discussed on 23 April 2009 and
                 the associated [33]ACTION-253 requesting that Dan
                 brief us was closed.
               o Ian Hickson [34]announces availability of initial
                 drafts of HTML 5 authoring specifications. This is, in
                 part, in response to a [35]suggestion made by Noah in
                 October 2008, shortly after the HTML/TAG joint working
                 group meeting at the Mandelieu Technical Plenary.
               o Larry Masinter [36]announces new draft of
                 [37]Architectural Considerations for Language
                 Versioning for the Web . Chair's [38]response from
                 Noah (member-only).
          + TAG Issues relating to this discussion:
               o [39]ISSUE-20 (errorHandling-20) What should
                 specifications say about error handling? shepherd:
                 Henry Thompson
               o [40]ISSUE-33 (mixedUIXMLNamespace-33) Composability
                 for user interface-oriented XML namespaces (no
               o [41]ISSUE-41 (LanguageVersioning-41) What are good
                 practices for designing extensible languages and for
                 handling versioning? shepherd: Larry Masinter
               o [42]ISSUE-54 (TagSoupIntegration-54) Tag soup
                 integration. shepherd: Henry Thompson
          + TAG Actions relating to this discussion:
               o [43]ACTION-299 on T.V. Raman: Notify the TAG when the
                 HTML WG gets closer to closing issue-4 html-versioning
                 - Due: 2009-10-15
               o [44]ACTION-302 on Noah Mendelsohn: Raise (as
                 individual issue) question of 3 words "other
                 applicable specifictions" in 3.2.1 (3.3.1) of HTML 5
                 Due: 2009-10-20
               o [45]ACTION-305 on Noah Mendelsohn: Schedule time at
                 TPAC for joint session with HTML WG - Due: 2009-10-15
                 (see: [46]email from Noah to HTML chairs)
               o [47]ACTION-315 on Dan Connolly: Follow up on best plan
                 for HTML / TPAC Due: 2009-10-02
               o [48]ACTION-316 on Henry Thompson: Henry S. Thompson to
                 draft for tag@w3.org proposed TAG feedback on the
                 text/html media type registration in the 25 September
                 draft of HTML5 Due: 2009-10-02
          + Goals:
               o Continue technical discussion of HTML issues
                 identified at the F2Fn
    5. Pending Review Items:
          + [49]Pending review actions in [50]Tracker
    6. Overdue Action Items:
          + [51]Overdue actions in [52]Tracker
    7. Any other business

      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
      [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues
      [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.
      [8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
     [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/08-agenda
     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/24-minutes
     [12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Oct/0017.html
     [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/01-minutes
     [14] http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/DevMeeting.html
     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009May/0068.html
     [16] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-hash-in-uri-20090415/
     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Aug/0030.html
     [18] http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/
     [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/25-minutes.html#item03
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/HTMLIssuesRevised.pdf
     [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/HTMLIssues.ods
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/HTMLIssues.xls
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/23-minutes.html#item03
     [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/24-minutes.html#item03
     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/25-minutes.html#item06
     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Aug/0058.html
     [28] http://www.w3.org/News/2009#item148
     [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Jul/0026.html
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/07/23-minutes#item03

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/253
     [36] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Aug/0064.html
     [37] http://larry.masinter.net/tag-versioning.html
     [38] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Aug/0037.html
     [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/20
     [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/33
     [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/20
     [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/54
     [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/299
     [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/302
     [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/305
     [46] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Oct/0018.html
     [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/315
     [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/316
     [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
     [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
     [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
     [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/

    Noah Mendelsohn for TAG
    $Revision: 1.2 $ of $Date: 2009/10/08 00:52:04 $

   [53]Valid XHTML 1.1

     [53] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Thursday, 8 October 2009 00:57:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:33:04 UTC