f2f Agenda Planning -- Issue 62

From: ashok malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 05:43:56 -0800
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
Issue 62 is about Uniform Access to Metadata.
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/62
My take on the landscape is that we now have several mechanisms for
access to Metadata
(Link Header, Link, Site-Meta, RDFa) which we are reasonably satisfied
with and what we need is
a document that ties them all together and explains what should be used
in what situations with examples, etc.

Jonathan had taken an action to start work on such a document.  See
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/282
If we could have a draft to discuss at the f2f, that would be wonderful.

As I told some of you, I ran into Mark Nottingham at the TPAC and we
talked about a document
to tie the threads of Metadata access together.  Mark said he was
interested in writing such a document but
was constrained by time availability etc.  I have not followed up with
Mark because, I think, the TAG should
first decide what we want to do in the area.
--
All the best, Ashok