W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > November 2009

Preliminary agenda for TAG F2F meeting of 2 Nov 2009

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 00:22:10 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF4E68EDC7.23987391-ON85257662.0019509C-85257662.001D7FCF@lotus.com>
I pulled together the agenda for tomorrow afternoon's TAG F2F meeting 
while flying to California this afternoon.  I am proposing that we meet at 
1:30 PM.  There are still a few missing hyperlinks and other minor details 
that I could not resolve while in the air.

Also, this is not yet checked in for Web access.  It seems that the hotel 
where I'm staying (not the TPAC Marriott) is blocking SSH access so I 
can't use CVS from here.  I'll check this in tomorrow morning when I get 
to TPAC.   So, the preliminary agenda is attached to this note.  Thank 
you.

Noah

--------------------------------------
Noah Mendelsohn 
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
1-617-693-4036
--------------------------------------

W3C | TAG | Previous: : 22 Oct 2009 Next: 29 Oct 2009
Agenda of 2 November 2009 TAG F2F Meeting at (TPAC 2009)
Note proposed start time: 1:30 PM
Work in progress - major items are about right, some descriptions and 
hyperlinks still missing (Noah).
Nearby: Teleconference details - issues list and Issue Tracker (handling 
new issues) - www-tag archive - tag archive
1.      Convene 
Chair: Noah, Scribe: TBD
Roll call -- Regrets: John Kemp, Jonathan Rees
Note future regrets: Tim: [Nov 12, 19, 26; 3 December 3 (probable 
regrets)]; Noah: [Nov 19 & 26]
Agenda Review - this agenda 
Next Meeting: 6 November 2009 (morning - at TPAC 2009) Chair: Noah; 
Scribe: TBD
Future scribes: Ashok -> John -> Larry
2.      Approve minutes of prior meeting(s) 
Approve Minutes of 23-25 September 2009 F2F
Approve minutes of 8 October 2009
Approve minutes of 22 October 2009
3.      Administrative items 
Appoint scribes
Reminder that, per agreement on the 8th, our meetings at TPAC have been 
moved to Monday afternoon and Friday morning.
The TAG will hold a joint meeting with the HTML Working group at TPAC on 
Thursday, after lunch. Exact time is still TBD.
Proposal: next teleconference will be on Friday, 12 Nov. Note that Noah 
will be unavailable on Nov. 19 and Nov. 26 (US Thanksgiving).
The chair thanks those "shepherds" who have responded to the request to 
update issue status. Other TAG members are requested to update their 
issues as soon as practical.
Reminder of future F2F meetings: 
8-10 December 2009 @ MIT (Per resolution of 25 June 2009 - note that Raman 
and John Kemp have confirmed the acceptability of this date, though Raman 
is unsure he'll attend).
17-19 March 2010 @ MIT (per decision at Sept. 2009 F2F)
4.      Privacy policy 
>From minutes of 8 Oct 2009: RESOLVED that that LMM edit 2009Sep/0073 
lightly as discussed 8 Oct and Noah send to Device APIs and Policy Working 
Group on behalf of the TAG
ACTION-318 Send note to Device APIs and Policy (DAP) Working Group on 
behalf of the TAG - on Noah Due: 15 Oct 2009 
ACTION-321 Bug Larry about his input to ACTION-318 - on Noah Due: 29 Oct 
2009 
5.      TPAC Meetings with HTML Working Group 
Background: 
TAG will meet with W3C HTML Working Group on Thursday 5 November 
(afternoon exact time TBD)
Agreed list of TPAC discussion items for HTML WG and TAG (need link to 
email thread)
Prioritized list of HTML-related issues, originally developed at Sept. 
2009 F2F. (An Open Document Format .ods version and an Excel .xls version 
are also available.)
Earlier background: 
Discussion of versioning and HTML at June 2009 TAG F2F (session 1 and 
session 2) 
June 2009 F2F discussion of plans to review HTML 5 drafts
Architectural Considerations for Language Versioning for the Web (Note 
from Larry Masinter and Jonathan Rees)
HTML working group intention to take HTML to W3C Last Call sometime 
between October and December, 2009 (per note from HTML WG co-chair Sam 
Ruby)
Paul Cotton and Maciej Stchowiak join Sam Ruby as HTML WG co-chairs (
announcement)
Division of labour for TAG reading the HTML 5 draft specification that we 
agreed to on July 23.
Dan Connolly and Michael Sperberg-McQueen draft Web addresses in HTML 5, 
which is factored from the HTML 5 draft. (see email from Dan announcing 
the draft). This was discussed on 23 April 2009 and the associated 
ACTION-253 requesting that Dan brief us was closed. 
Ian Hickson announces availability of initial drafts of HTML 5 authoring 
specifications. This is, in part, in response to a suggestion made by Noah 
in October 2008, shortly after the HTML/TAG joint working group meeting at 
the Mandelieu Technical Plenary. 
Larry Masinter announces new draft of Architectural Considerations for 
Language Versioning for the Web . Chair's response from Noah 
(member-only).
TAG Issues relating to this discussion (need to update list): 
ISSUE-20 (errorHandling-20) What should specifications say about error 
handling? shepherd: Henry Thompson
ISSUE-33 (mixedUIXMLNamespace-33) Composability for user 
interface-oriented XML namespaces (no shepherd)
ISSUE-41 (LanguageVersioning-41) What are good practices for designing 
extensible languages and for handling versioning? shepherd: Larry Masinter
ISSUE-54 (TagSoupIntegration-54) Tag soup integration. shepherd: Henry 
Thompson
TAG Actions relating to this discussion (need to update list): 
ACTION-299 on T.V. Raman: Notify the TAG when the HTML WG gets closer to 
closing issue-4 html-versioning - Due: 2009-10-15
ACTION-302 on Noah Mendelsohn: Raise (as individual issue) question of 3 
words "other applicable specifictions" in 3.2.1 (3.3.1) of HTML 5 Due: 
2009-10-20
ACTION-305 on Noah Mendelsohn: Schedule time at TPAC for joint session 
with HTML WG - Due: 2009-10-15 (see: email from Noah to HTML chairs)
ACTION-315 on Dan Connolly: Follow up on best plan for HTML / TPAC Due: 
2009-10-02
ACTION-316 on Henry Thompson: Henry S. Thompson to draft for tag@w3.org 
proposed TAG feedback on the text/html media type registration in the 25 
September draft of HTML5 Due: 2009-10-02
ACTION-317 on T.V. Raman: Read 
http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-epb.html and send some notes to 
the TAG Due: 2009-10-20
ACTION-319 on Noah: Consider HTML media type issue for TPAC agenda(s) Due: 
2009-10-29
Goals: 
Continue technical discussion of HTML issues identified at the F2Fn
6.      ISSUE-61: Forbidding hyperlinks (uriBasedPackageAccess-61) 
Background (need to flesh out description of this agenda item): 
Dan Connolly has requested that we discuss Widget package scheme.
7.      Pending Review Items: 
Pending review actions in Tracker
8.      Overdue Action Items: 
Overdue actions in Tracker
9.      Any other business 

Noah Mendelsohn for TAG
$Revision: 1.443 $ of $Date: 2009/10/22 02:44:59 $




picture
(image/gif attachment: 01-part)

Received on Monday, 2 November 2009 05:22:49 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:18 GMT