W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > November 2009

Re: Preliminary agenda for TAG F2F meeting of 2 Nov 2009

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 00:22:10 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-ID: <OFD04E18CD.038EAEFF-ON85257662.001D243B-85257662.001D8008@lotus.com>
I wrote:

>  It seems that the hotel where I'm staying (not the TPAC 
> Marriott) is blocking SSH access so I can't use CVS from here. 

A pleasant 20 minutes on the phone with technical support got that 
resolved.  Preliminary minutes for the TAG meeting are now on the Web at 
[1,2].  A plain text copy is attached below.


Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/11/02-agenda

--------------------------------------
Noah Mendelsohn 
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
1-617-693-4036
--------------------------------------


   [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: : [3]22 Oct 2009 Next: 29 Oct 2009

      [1] http://www.w3.org/
      [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/22-agenda

      Agenda of 2 November 2009 TAG F2F Meeting at ([4]TPAC 2009)

      [4] http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/

Note proposed start time: 1:30 PM

Work in progress - major items are about right, some descriptions and
hyperlinks still missing (Noah).

   Nearby: [5]Teleconference details - [6]issues list and [7]Issue
   Tracker ([8]handling new issues) - [9]www-tag archive - [10]tag
   archive
    1. Convene
          + Chair: Noah, Scribe: TBD
          + Roll call -- Regrets: John Kemp, Jonathan Rees
          + Note future regrets: Tim: [Nov 12, 19, 26; 3 December 3
            (probable regrets)]; Noah: [Nov 19 & 26]
          + Agenda Review - [11]this agenda
          + Next Meeting: 6 November 2009 (morning - at [12]TPAC 2009)
            Chair: Noah; Scribe: TBD
          + Future scribes: Ashok -> John -> Larry
    2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
          + Approve [13]Minutes of 23-25 September 2009 F2F
          + Approve [14]minutes of 8 October 2009
          + Approve [15]minutes of 22 October 2009
    3. Administrative items
          + Appoint scribes
          + Reminder that, per [16]agreement on the 8th, our meetings
            at TPAC have been moved to Monday afternoon and Friday
            morning.
          + The TAG will hold a joint meeting with the HTML Working
            group at TPAC on Thursday, after lunch. Exact time is still
            TBD.
          + Proposal: next teleconference will be on Friday, 12 Nov.
            Note that Noah will be unavailable on Nov. 19 and Nov. 26
            (US Thanksgiving).
          + The chair thanks those "shepherds" who have responded to
            the [17]request to update issue status. Other TAG members
            are requested to update their issues as soon as practical.
          + Reminder of future F2F meetings:
               o 8-10 December 2009 @ MIT (Per [18]resolution of 25
                 June 2009 - note that Raman and John Kemp have
                 confirmed the acceptability of this date, though Raman
                 is unsure he'll attend).
               o 17-19 March 2010 @ MIT (per [19]decision at Sept. 2009
                 F2F)
    4. Privacy policy
          + From [20]minutes of 8 Oct 2009: RESOLVED that that LMM edit
            2009Sep/0073 lightly as discussed 8 Oct and Noah send to
            Device APIs and Policy Working Group on behalf of the TAG
          + [21]ACTION-318 Send note to Device APIs and Policy (DAP)
            Working Group on behalf of the TAG - on Noah Due: 15 Oct
            2009
          + [22]ACTION-321 Bug Larry about his input to ACTION-318 - on
            Noah Due: 29 Oct 2009
    5. TPAC Meetings with HTML Working Group
          + Background:
               o TAG will meet with W3C HTML Working Group on Thursday
                 5 November (afternoon exact time TBD)
               o Agreed [23]list of TPAC discussion items for HTML WG
                 and TAG (need link to email thread)
               o [24]Prioritized list of HTML-related issues,
                 originally developed at Sept. 2009 F2F. (An Open
                 Document Format [25].ods version and an Excel [26].xls
                 version are also available.)
          + Earlier background:
               o Discussion of versioning and HTML at June 2009 TAG F2F
                 ([27]session 1 and [28]session 2)
               o June 2009 F2F discussion of [29]plans to review HTML 5
                 drafts
               o [30]Architectural Considerations for Language
                 Versioning for the Web (Note from Larry Masinter and
                 Jonathan Rees)
               o HTML working group intention to take HTML to W3C Last
                 Call sometime between October and December, 2009 (per
                 [31]note from HTML WG co-chair Sam Ruby)
               o Paul Cotton and Maciej Stchowiak join Sam Ruby as HTML
                 WG co-chairs ([32]announcement)
               o [33]Division of labour for TAG reading the HTML 5
                 draft specification that we [34]agreed to on July 23.
               o Dan Connolly and Michael Sperberg-McQueen draft
                 [35]Web addresses in HTML 5, which is factored from
                 the HTML 5 draft. (see [36]email from Dan announcing
                 the draft). This was discussed on 23 April 2009 and
                 the associated [37]ACTION-253 requesting that Dan
                 brief us was closed.
               o Ian Hickson [38]announces availability of initial
                 drafts of HTML 5 authoring specifications. This is, in
                 part, in response to a [39]suggestion made by Noah in
                 October 2008, shortly after the HTML/TAG joint working
                 group meeting at the Mandelieu Technical Plenary.
               o Larry Masinter [40]announces new draft of
                 [41]Architectural Considerations for Language
                 Versioning for the Web . Chair's [42]response from
                 Noah (member-only).
          + TAG Issues relating to this discussion (need to update
            list):
               o [43]ISSUE-20 (errorHandling-20) What should
                 specifications say about error handling? shepherd:
                 Henry Thompson
               o [44]ISSUE-33 (mixedUIXMLNamespace-33) Composability
                 for user interface-oriented XML namespaces (no
                 shepherd)
               o [45]ISSUE-41 (LanguageVersioning-41) What are good
                 practices for designing extensible languages and for
                 handling versioning? shepherd: Larry Masinter
               o [46]ISSUE-54 (TagSoupIntegration-54) Tag soup
                 integration. shepherd: Henry Thompson
          + TAG Actions relating to this discussion (need to update
            list):
               o [47]ACTION-299 on T.V. Raman: Notify the TAG when the
                 HTML WG gets closer to closing issue-4 html-versioning
                 - Due: 2009-10-15
               o [48]ACTION-302 on Noah Mendelsohn: Raise (as
                 individual issue) question of 3 words "other
                 applicable specifictions" in 3.2.1 (3.3.1) of HTML 5
                 Due: 2009-10-20
               o [49]ACTION-305 on Noah Mendelsohn: Schedule time at
                 TPAC for joint session with HTML WG - Due: 2009-10-15
                 (see: [50]email from Noah to HTML chairs)
               o [51]ACTION-315 on Dan Connolly: Follow up on best plan
                 for HTML / TPAC Due: 2009-10-02
               o [52]ACTION-316 on Henry Thompson: Henry S. Thompson to
                 draft for tag@w3.org proposed TAG feedback on the
                 text/html media type registration in the 25 September
                 draft of HTML5 Due: 2009-10-02
               o [53]ACTION-317 on T.V. Raman: Read
                 http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-epb.html
                 and send some notes to the TAG Due: 2009-10-20
               o [54]ACTION-319 on Noah: Consider HTML media type issue
                 for TPAC agenda(s) Due: 2009-10-29
          + Goals:
               o Continue technical discussion of HTML issues
                 identified at the F2Fn
    6. [55]ISSUE-61: Forbidding hyperlinks (uriBasedPackageAccess-61)
          + Background (need to flesh out description of this agenda
            item):
               o Dan Connolly has requested that we discuss Widget
                 package scheme.
    7. Pending Review Items:
          + [56]Pending review actions in [57]Tracker
    8. Overdue Action Items:
          + [58]Overdue actions in [59]Tracker
    9. Any other business
     _________________________________________________________

      [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
      [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues
      [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.
      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
     [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/11/02-agenda
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/
     [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/23-agenda
     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/08-minutes
     [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/22-minutes
     [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/08-minutes#item02
     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Oct/0051.html
     [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/25-minutes.html#item03
     [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/25-minutes.html#item04
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/08-minutes#item05
     [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/318
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/321
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/11/02-agenda
     [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/HTMLIssuesRevised.pdf
     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/HTMLIssues.ods
     [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/HTMLIssues.xls
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/23-minutes.html#item03
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/24-minutes.html#item03
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/25-minutes.html#item06
     [30] 
http://w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning-html/versioning-html-20090611.html
     [31] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Aug/0058.html
     [32] http://www.w3.org/News/2009#item148
     [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Jul/0026.html
     [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/07/23-minutes#item03
     [35] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Mar/att-0444/draft.html
     [36] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Mar/0444.html
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/253
     [38] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/2009Jun/0016.html
     [39] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/2008Oct/0003.html
     [40] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Aug/0064.html
     [41] http://larry.masinter.net/tag-versioning.html
     [42] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Aug/0037.html
     [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/20
     [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/33
     [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/20
     [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/54
     [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/299
     [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/302
     [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/305
     [50] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Oct/0018.html
     [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/315
     [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/316
     [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/317
     [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/319
     [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/61
     [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
     [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
     [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
     [59] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


    Noah Mendelsohn for TAG
    $Revision: 1.1 $ of $Date: 2009/11/02 05:19:51 $

   [60]Valid XHTML 1.1

     [60] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Monday, 2 November 2009 05:22:44 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:18 GMT