Re: Five mechanical approaches to make an XSD profile without getting bogged by individual issues

From: Rick Jelliffe <rjelliffe@allette.com.au>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 20:42:27 +1000
To: www-tag@w3.org
Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> It lead to the creation of the XML Schema Patterns for Databinding
> Working Group [1].
>
> That group published a number of drafts of specifications called _Basic
> XML Schema Patterns for Databinding Version 1.0_ [2] and _Advanced XML
> Schema Patterns for Databinding_ 1.0 [3], and then ran out of
> committed person-power and closed.

Actually, they are now out as Group Notes.
http://www.w3.org/TR/#Notes

Do you see that this looks like making it someone else's problem, then
ignoring the result?

I may have missed it, but in what way did the XSD WG use these notes or
drafts? Surely since it came out of an XSD WG workshop, I would imagine
that the XSD WG would have considered themselves the primary users of
such an effort, and they would have tried to fold the emerging results
of the draft into XSD 1.1 at every opportunity.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe