Re: Five mechanical approaches to make an XSD profile without getting bogged by individual issues

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 13:53:31 +0100
To: Rick Jelliffe <rjelliffe@allette.com.au>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

Rick Jelliffe writes:

>> There was significant support for the idea of a written 'profile' of
>> XML Schema which would document the sweet spot for purposes of data
>> binding. . .

> So what happened to this "significant support"?

It lead to the creation of the XML Schema Patterns for Databinding
Working Group [1].

That group published a number of drafts of specifications called _Basic
XML Schema Patterns for Databinding Version 1.0_ [2] and _Advanced XML
Schema Patterns for Databinding_ 1.0 [3], and then ran out of
committed person-power and closed.

ht

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-xmlschema-patterns-20080328/